Orcas out of Victoria

Travel Lover

Has anyone done the Orca tours out of Victoria? I know they do not guarantee a sighting but say there are resident pods that live there. I just wanted to know how you like it and if it was worth doing? Also my husband wants to do the JET BOAT ORCA TOUR. Has anyone done that? My main question on that is do they slow down for pics especially if a whale is seen?

Any input on these tours would be a big help.

I did 2 whale watches out of Victoria a few days apart. On the first trip we did not see any orcas- the resident pod had gone for a jaunt of their own. A few days later the pod was back in full force. When whales are spotted the boats do stop for photo ops as close as they are allowed to. It was a great experience. On the first whale watch we still saw beautiful scenery and lots of sea lions . There is no guarantee of a sighting but I think the odds, despite our initial experience, are pretty good.

I don't remember who we went with but it was the only company that has a real boat and not just the motorized rubber dinghys. They looked like fun but I was concerned the trip would be too rough for me and I worried about seasickness.

Ruth

Archived