Infamous Queen Mary 2?

berry22192

If you go to the "Reviews" section of this Website and look up the review for the Queen Elizabeth 2

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=247

it begins thus:

"The introduction of Cunard's now infamous Queen Mary 2 in 2004 was a watershed for the venerable Queen Elizabeth 2, the line's former flagship."

Huh? Infamous Queen Mary 2?

I'd suggest that Greg Straub, the Cruise Critic contributor, has some explaining to do.

Chris

If you go to the "Reviews" section of this Website and look up the review for the Queen Elizabeth 2

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=247

it begins thus:

"The introduction of Cunard's now infamous Queen Mary 2 in 2004 was a watershed for the venerable Queen Elizabeth 2, the line's former flagship."

Huh? Infamous Queen Mary 2?

I'd suggest that Greg Straub, the Cruise Critic contributor, has some explaining to do.

Chris

*bites tongue. Hard....*:D

The review does not have a date - which is a pity, as it might explain where 'now infamous' comes from - quite possibly that time those poor dears were trapped at sea for a whole six days when the QM2 lost a pod in Fort Lauderdale - though in my book, it was the passenger's behaviour that was infamous.....

Peter, Auckland

Kindly Chap...totally uncalled for!! Whatever will you do when your beloved QE2 is a package of razor blades and, gasp, you might actually have to sail on the QM2? Then again, after all the uncomplimentary things you've said about her, without actually sailing on her, perhaps she won't want you!

I've never sailed the QE2 and think it would be terribly rude of me to make derogatory comments about her and so I never shall. I had the privilege of sailing the old liners well before QE2 was a gleam in anyone's eyes, and I find much to admire in the present day liner aspect of QM2. In short, I felt very much at home on her. With your sailing history limited apparently to QE2 and 2 other non-liner ships, it might make you a bit short sighted to be so judgemental. I mean no disrespect...just an observation.

Cheers, Penny...still wishfully "Live from the QM2"

The review does not have a date - which is a pity, as it might explain where 'now infamous' comes from - quite possibly that time those poor dears were trapped at sea for a whole six days when the QM2 lost a pod in Fort Lauderdale - though in my book, it was the passenger's behaviour that was infamous.....

Peter, Auckland

Peter...PERFECT!! I'd KILL to be "trapped" at sea for 6 whole days on the QM2...imagine being pampered, indulged and massaged into oblivion for 6 whole days at sea while being surrounded by elegance....I'm available!!:D

Cheers, penny...still wishfully "Live from the QM2"

infamous

One entry found for infamous. Main Entry: in·fa·mous

Pronunciation: 'in-f&-m&s

Function: adjective

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin infamis, from in- + fama fame

1 : having a reputation of the worst kind : notoriously evil <an infamous traitor>

2 : causing or bringing infamy : DISGRACEFUL <an infamous crime>

3 : convicted of an offense bringing infamy

- in·fa·mous·ly adverb

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Surely he jests!

Gosh,

I thought he was talking about Maria's and my hijinks aboard her in January- Perhaps making her "infamous" due to the antics of her passengers!

Shucks! I thought our reputations had spread so widely as to implicate the ship!

and Penny said:

I had the privilege of sailing the old liners well before QE2 was a gleam in anyone's eyes,
Penny! You were sailing long before you were BORN!??! :rolleyes:

Karie,

who is once more up way too late... and can't get the image of poor Anteeta with that gentleman's um... unmentionables in her face! Oh dear! :eek:

Penny! You were sailing long before you were BORN!??! :rolleyes:

Karie,

Sadly my dear Karie I'm tad older than you....I was sailing in a ship built in 1918 (:eek: ) in the early 60's & before (like the present day QE2 she was 40+ yrs old the last time I sailed her before she went to her rest) as well as one built in the early 50's. Now...if you want to continue your delusion that I am some young chick hanging around here, it's fine with me!!;)

Cheers, penny

I suppose the term stems from the broken Pod/Mutiny story earlier this year. Well, it's too bad anyone had to make a remark like that. I haven't written my review yet, but let me just tell you all, I LOVED the QM2!

Even now, I am vacillating between doing that upcoming QE2 trip, or changing over to something on the QM2. The thing is, I've never sailed aboard the same ship twice, and I like it that way... Oh well, let's see what happens.

Sincerely,

Don

Problem is, there aren't that many luxury ships out there, so if you cruise more than once every few years and never repeat ships, it's likely you'll end up sailing on some Holiday Inn-type boat sooner or later (unless you plan to start chartering yachts).

Archived