Cruise advice needed

UFMBA03

Taking a cruise 12/2007 to the Eastern Caribbean.

Leaving 12/29 or 12/30...

Royal Caribbean has an Eastern Caribbean cruise on Freedom of the Seas and Carnival has the exact same itinerary on their new ship Carnival Freedom.

A balcony room on FOS is $700 more than a class 11 suite on the Freedom...

My question, is Freedom of the Seas worth the premium???

I realize this is the Carnival forum, but I've seen very fair opinions from everyone here and many of you have sailed on both...

The answer you are probably going to get from most people is that the are pros and cons to each. We have sailed RCL, Celebrity, and Princess and have lately preferred Carnival because we could not see that much of a difference for the uplifts the other lines charged. In fact I think that Carnivals food is probably better than most of the other lines and the rooms are larger. Hope it helps.....

I've only done Carnival, but was looking at the Freedom(last night) and the extras it has to offer.......for me for the price, Carnival still seems better..........for my 11 year old that was sitting next to me looking at the water-spray park, rock wall, ice skating and wave pool.............

.....he wants me to book the Freedom of the Seas next.....go figure!

Do you have kids(and are taking them)........? This could be a factor, but the kids have had a blast with the Carnival Kids programs.

No kids on this cruise...10th Anniversary...
Then for me....I'd do Carnival and get yourself a nice balcony and SupperClub dinner (Freedom have one?) to celebrate. After 14 years my wife and I did the Miracle (no kids) for our official honeymoon and did one night at Nick and Nora's and it was awesome........Think about it.....sunrise and sunsets on your balcony, romantic meals, less kid activities and for lower price of admission......HMMMMMMM!

If price were not a consideration, I would definitely go with RCCL. Freedom of the Seas is a spectacular ship. The Royal Promenade alone is worth the price of admission. Having said that, I am sure that you will have an absolutely wonderful time with CCL if that is your choice! Enjoy!!!

Archived