For those of you sailing on Navigator this summer

harrtchr

Hi Isabel :D

It is such a shame that many cruisers in the UK dont know about this site...we will all have to do our wee bittie and tell folks on our cruises about CruiseCritic.

I am puting this website address on my tshirt I am wearing on the Liberty Pre Inaugural....in hope that some folks who dont know about it will drop by and join up.

There is so much info on here especially Ports of Call and lots of tips and ideas and with 7 Royal Caribbean ships in Europe/Med next year we need to get more from the UK/Europe to visit this site.:D

If anyone finds they havent got the numbers for official Meet & Mingle then maybe you could try to arrange your own meeting onboard ship with the folks from your roll call...I know not quite the same thing...but at least it gives you a chance to meet and hopefully swap ideas on excursions etc.

Happy Cruising :D

We've just reached 26 persons for M&M on the 28th April cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=392585&page=9

Just received ticket its in the form of a ring bound A5 booklet, says for those that pre paid tips vouchers will be left in cabin on last night, what's the point in pre paying if you still have to hand out tips? Also says boarding from 2pm do not arrive early but don't they normally board from 12 noon in South Hampton oops sorry mean Southampton?

John

Hello,

It is quite easy to get to Nice by rail from Villefranche.After leaving the ships tenders walk to the right around the bay.Keep the sea on your right and shops,bars etc on your left.There is a good chance plenty of other people will be walking in the same direction.Proceed for approximately 1/4 of a mile and you should see some steps on your left.Climb the steps and go through an underpass beneath the railway tracks.At the other side you will come upto the platform where tickets can be purchased.Trains on this side of the platform go to Monaco.If you are going to Cannes,Nice etc you will have to retrace your steps and go to the other side of the tracks where trains go to Nice.It is not that expensive and people do seem to get the ticket sellers to understand them easily enough.

Last time I used the train plenty of people from the ship where using the service which is quick and clean and fairly frequent.

Hope this helps.

Iain

Hi,

As hallsuk2 has given exact instructions on how to get to Nice, can I just add, there are 3 stations to choose from in Nice, namely Augustine, Ville and Riquier and unfortunately I can't remember the one which would get you to the centre of Town, but if you post on www.tripadvisor.co.uk, you will get the right answer. The french railway website

address is www.sncf.com and if you log on to it, you will see the trains run from Villefranche sur le mer approximately every 30 minutes. It takes 2 minutes to get to Riquier, 6 minutes to get to Ville and 16 minutes to get to Augustine, so you will see, it is literally just around the bay. The cost of the train ticket is a mere 1Euro 20 so a real bargain compared to what the ship's excursion would be. Nice is lovely, but I prefer Monte Carlo. Hope this info helps.

We've done the western Med twice on Splendour OTS and Brilliance OTS and on both occasions, we were, as Europeans, very much in the minority - but that was leaving from Barcelona both times whereas Navigator is leaving from the south of England. I imagine that this will mean more of us Brits this time ! We're actually going to be longer on the RCI bus from London Heathrow to Southampton than we will be on the plane down from Edinburgh:eek: We've been to Barcelona before (obviously), Villefranche (BTW I'm sure that station in the middle of Nice is Ville and it's a ten minute walk from there to the seafront- very easy), and Florence - the rest of the ports will be new to us.

Isabel:)

Hi Liz

We'll be on the 16th June sailing and will give you a guid Scottish perspective upon return. I've got a wee problem at the moment and was looking for advice. You're probably aware that BA no longer flies from Glasgow to Southampton. This isn't a problem on the outward journey as we always fly down on the Friday and spend a night in Southampton. Our problem is the return journey. Flybe (who have taken over the route) have 2 flight times-8.55am, which would be great, and 17.45pm, which would be rubbish!

We will be Diamond by the end of this cruise and we are in a suite. The ship is due to dock at 5.00am. Do you think we have any chance of making the 8.55 flight? I know we can have a taxi standing by and it's only 25 minutes to the airport, but disembarkation worries me. Hopefully we'll be allowed to take our own luggage off.

Any advice from you or anyone else would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Just wandering around the boards and saw your post about flight times to and from Southampton Airport. Just quickly looked up Bournemouth Airport and Ryan Air have flights from there at 15:35 which might be more convenient?

With all you folks flying into Southampton and the fact that we live so close to the airport, I think my hubby and I could make a small fortune ferrying people to the port, putting people up for a night, making lost folks a nice cup of tea etc etc etc :D ;)

Have a good cruise, we're on Navigator in April, so we'll leave her clean and tidy for you!

Regards

Karen

I know that most of you Brits will use local air to get to Southampton, but if any of you are traveling and sailing on June 16th, we would like to look into sharing transfers to Southampton from Heathrow.

Also, for those of you who have already done that transfer in the past, who do you recommend (with a web site or e-mail address) that I can look into?

Archived