Pearl review & pictures Dec. 16th

GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising ~

Thanks for the great pics and review.

In your opinion, is the AA layout better than the A2?

Cosmo -

You didn't ask for my opinion, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway....:p

The AA's on the Pearl are not as nice as the ones on the Star and Dawn, both nine and ten are smaller, I think they squeezed in an extra balcony cabin along the line. There are no doors to separate the bedroom from the living room and the bathroom and closet/dressing room are not finished as nicely and are smaller.

However, the AA is a far better accomodation and value than the A2, which is a glorified penthouse :eek: . Curtains around the bed give little privacy and the "living/dining" as well as the bath are tiny. The only redeeming feature is the large forward facing deck with hot tub, and the two balconies of the AA still have this beat.

They had a great idea with the A2 on PoH when it was just one beautiful (albeit purple) beach-housey unit, but they diminshed it when they crammed two smaller rooms up there.

IMHO, the NCL AA's are still the best cruise dollars spent for size, setup and service.

Thank you so much for those awesome photos of the Penthouse AB...We are in one of those on the 3/30/07 sailings...can't wait. We also have the connecting AF suite which looks as I expected.

One question: Is there a really good coffee machine in the Penthouse? I thought I read that the Pearl installed these really cool coffee machines. Is that true?

Thank you so much for those awesome photos of the Penthouse AB...We are in one of those on the 3/30/07 sailings...can't wait. We also have the connecting AF suite which looks as I expected.

One question: Is there a really good coffee machine in the Penthouse? I thought I read that the Pearl installed these really cool coffee machines. Is that true?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here are some more pictures, mostly from public areas.......

We are on the Pearl in Sept.. I love your pictures.. good quality... can you tell me what brand and model of camera you used for these great pictures... I have an older 3.2 MPixel camera that has problems with the lighting on cruise ships... so am in the market for a new camera... Richard:)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=10q6e9zr.4m3mud0j&Uy=flqt89&Ux=0

Thanks again... Richard ... I see that my posting appears in your posting... Richard

Archived