Booking At The Port?

I don't believe you can do it any longer. Cruise lines are now required to provide a manifest with all passengers at least 24-48 hours in advance of sailing. I think it is linked to increased security after 9/11

TonyaJune,

I don't think you can do that. My understanding is that you can't even book less than 1 week out because all passenger lists have to be checked as a result of September 11th. You can probably call the Cruise Line and get more concrete information.

Maria

There are websites that specialize in last minute booking, but I think 48 hours is about as close as you can cut it after 911. Do a web search and you will find several. Friends of mine booked a cruise out of New Orleans last year for thanksgiving about 4 days prior to the cruise at a great price.

jc

I´m not sure but I think I read somewhere the board manifest has to be closed 72 hours prior cruising and be submitted to homeland security.( This is for embarkation port). For ports of call during the cruise I think it´s 24 hours in advance. I think that was the reason for the incident with Celebrity a few month ago, when they had to leave port again.

Archived