QM2/QE2 Tadem Video Disappointment

Crouton

I just received my the official QE2 video of the Tandem Crossing provided by one of Cunard's vendors and their onboard production crew. While I knew there was going to be some stock footage, I'm very bummed at the nearly total absence of an shots of the two ships at sea.

Anyone received theirs...have the same reaction?

I'm thinking about asking them for more.

On the positive side, there are some good shots of the NY departure, especially the (brief) glimpse of QE2 passing QM2 after the fireworks. I was moved, and a bit amazed, to see that the same "dreamlike" quality of that moment which I felt on QM2 was experienced on QE2 as well. (Apparently, there was something real about the dream...)

Crouton

Hi Jim,

The video I bought was made by the long established video crew on Queen Elizabeth 2 which makes a "fresh" video of each cruise (spliced in to stock footage) and sells them to passengers.

I spent some time talking with the rep from the company, Image( http://www.image.com ), and he said that they haven't gotten their act together yet for the Queen Mary 2...but are working on it.

So the specific answer to your question about QM2's Maiden Voyage is no.

That said, when I was onboard QM2 (April), I talked with one of the ship's production crew who was out on deck filming. He said that they are creating footage for a kind of first year documentary of QM2 which they will be making available to the public at a later date. If I recall correctly, he said he had been busy getting footage at all the major events (cristening etc.).

So...apparently there will be something from Cunard down the road.

I've also seen homemade videos by private parties occasionally available on eBay.

Tony

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

HELLO, I NEED SOME INFORMATION. I GOT BEAUTIFUL VIDEO FROM MY BALCONY OF THE QUEEN ELIZABETH 2 ON THE WAY TO SOUTHAMPTON ON THE TANDEM CROSSING. GOT SOME BEAUTIFUL SHOTS WHEN WE WERE LEAVING NYC.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND SOMEONE WHO WAS ON THE QUEEN ELIZABETH 2 AND TOOK SIMILAR VIDEO OF THE QM2 ON THIS CROSSING????

ALL AND ANY INFORMATION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU.

GILBERT YSAIS ARLIGNTON, VIRGINIA USA

GILAUPROD@YAHOO.COM

Slightly off this topic. I bought a similar video on a previous QE2 crossing. It was very poor. Mostly stock footage. They had obviously filmed at Christmas as most most of the shots included Christmas decorations. I was crossing in June. The only coverage that seemed to relate to my crossing was filmed at muster drill. Shots of passengers crowded in to public rooms wearing bright orange life jackets.

I remember the sales assistant insisting (very strongly) that I keep the reciept in case I needed to return the video. I kept the video it is so poor it is quite funny.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Archived