Galveston to IAH time?

therbst

Because I live in and am very familiar with the area, I would definately book the 5:00 flight, simply for the following reasons:

1. Debarkation time-don't exactly know how long it will take:confused:

2. Houston traffic (I-45 construction) sucks sometimes:mad:

3. Security measures in the airport:eek:

We live in the Houston area as well and I would have said a 1:00 flight is not a problem. When they give out colored tags at the end of the week for disembarking, go to the front desk and ask for the earliest color if you are not comfortable. This will get you off the ship right away and on your way.

From Galveston to IAH is about an hour. If your flight is at 1:00 you need to be at the airport by noon and therefore should leave Galveston by 10:45 to be safe. That should not be a problem.

Just my opinion, but if you are uncomfortable and don't want to be nervous that day take the 5:00 flight. Stay in Galveston and enjoy the city! It's a fun town!

1 hour is pretty optimistic -- allow 1.5 hours in case you run into traffic or construction. If you're coming in on the Elation on a Sunday, traffic is less of a concern. On other days (Celebration or Ecstasy), you're more likely to encounter a problem.

Don't take I-45 all the way to the airport. Take the Eastex Fwy. (SH 59) north at 45/59 interchange. It's a much less crowded / wider freeway, entering on an eastern approach to the airport (Will Clayton Pwy)

Archived