Times of Celebrity transfers

Aliasfan

I was wondering what time the Celebrity transfers leave London for the port at Dover, so we can get all the sightseeing we can in. We have booked our hotel and transfer both thru Celebrity, mostly because there are four of us and it would be a headache with all of the luggage.

Thanks

Aliasfan,

I was wondering what time the Celebrity transfers leave London for the port at Dover, so we can get all the sightseeing we can in. We have booked our hotel and transfer both thru Celebrity, mostly because there are four of us and it would be a headache with all of the luggage.

Thanks

When I did a precruise package booked through Celebrity in Rome last year, we got the information on the transfer times at Celebrity's hospitality desk at the hotel. There were two options -- (1) a transfer that included a tour of the Vatican for an extra charge, which left the hotel reasonably early in the morning, and (2) the standard transfer, which left the hotel early in the afternoon. Of course, the arrangements in London may differ.

Norm.

Thanks

This is just a guess, but I would think the coach (bus) would depart London at no later than 1 pm for a 5 pm sailing. The journey takes approximately two and a half hours, depending on the traffic.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the coach leaves earlier than that--mainly because the hotel check-out time is likely to be 10 or 11 am. So I'm not sure how much sightseeing, if any, you'll be able to get in on the morning of your departure.

Thanks[/quote

We booked air, three-day, pre-cruise hotel/transfer through Celebrity, and met in the lobby in the morning of departure, after breakfast. We stayed there until around 9:00a.m. when we transferred to a bus for the ride to Dover. With a brief stop about halfway, it took 2-3 hours (we did get lost in Dover cargo port, and it took a while for our new driver to get us over to Constellation).

If you are thinking of sightseeing on the day of departure, I would forget it, unless you can determine if your transfer is later in the day, which I would be surprised to see happen.

Archived