Tips on Celebrity

metro211

Although not disclosed anywhere on the web site (at least that we could find) the option to prepay gratuities to your onboard account is offered. The during the last day gratuity cards are delivered to the cabin to be handed out that evening. As to whether or not the people get the entire amount of the gratuity, I don't know but would like to find out.

I was always told that the staff must pool the amounts that are the "suggested gratuities" whether cash or on the cards, but that any cash given to them on top of that can be kept by them. I was told this by both my waiter and my room steward.

You can have the tips as suggested ($ 10.50 per person per day??) charged to your shipaccount.

The night before disembarkation you will get cards in your cabin, which you can give to the staff, so they know you tipped. Of course it is up to tip more if you were very happy with someones service.

This is onCelebrity's website:

Gratuities

On the last night at sea, it is customary to offer gratuities to staff members you feel have given you exceptional service and personal attention. We suggest the following guidelines:

Assistant Chief Housekeeper $0.75

Stateroom Service $3.50

Stateroom Service Concierge Class $4.00

Assistant Maitre'd $0.75

Waiter $3.50

Assistant Waiter $2.00 Butler (suites only): $3.50

(Rates Per Person, Per Day)

Note: Bellboys are tipped as service is rendered.

Archived