Cabins on Plaza Deck

Psoque

Hi. We have been on Constellation twice (both inside cabins) and I have been on Infinity once (also inside), but we are planning to take a New Zealand/Australia cruise on Mercury in early 2008.

We thought, this time, we will stay in a non-inside cabin, since we really liked our oceanview cabin on our previous cruise (not on Celebrity).

At this time, we have a Category 6 cabin near the elevator on Plaza Deck. I have never been inside Mercury, but is there someone here who might tell me if this was a good/bad choice for us?

We specifically picked this cabin because

a) Plaza deck is not as "crowded" as, say, Continental.

b) The hallways in that zone may get less traffic.

Let us know if you have a first hand experience in a cabin in this general location. Thanks.

We were on an the Grandeur last month and had a room in that same exact area. We loved it. It was quiet and we were just a short distance from everything.

BUT, On the Mercury I believe those are the rooms with the poles going through them. I'm looking at some notes I made in an old catalog.

There are some pictures on this board somewhere. Not sure if it's all the cabins or just a few. I'd run a search to make sure.

I was on the Mercury last year in an inside cabin aft on Continental deck. It was quiet, and not much movement. A bit of a walk to everything, but not too bad.

Jill

Archived