Something I hadn't thought of.....

icanflossu

We have cruised a few times before and just purchased the 2/3/07 sailing on the Dream. (UNBELIEVEABLE PRICE: me, hubby, three kids, two oceanview rooms $1900) Now, I've read the good the bad and the ugly on this ship and frankly, I'm excited. I've cruised on the Sea, RCCL Empress (before going to drydock this last time), RCCL Rhapsody, all smaller ships and loved them all. One problem, the only time I've ever been sick on a cruise ship was on the Sea. I've read a few comments regarding sub-par stabilizers on smaller Norweigan vessels. Any truth to that? Should I expect it on this ship? I can ask my doctor for a patch, but all motion sick products leave me VERY groggy. Anyone sailed on similar ships with similar experiences care to help me out a little??? Thanks so much.

We have cruised a few times before and just purchased the 2/3/07 sailing on the Dream. (UNBELIEVEABLE PRICE: me, hubby, three kids, two oceanview rooms $1900) Now, I've read the good the bad and the ugly on this ship and frankly, I'm excited. I've cruised on the Sea, RCCL Empress (before going to drydock this last time), RCCL Rhapsody, all smaller ships and loved them all. One problem, the only time I've ever been sick on a cruise ship was on the Sea. I've read a few comments regarding sub-par stabilizers on smaller Norweigan vessels. Any truth to that? Should I expect it on this ship? I can ask my doctor for a patch, but all motion sick products leave me VERY groggy. Anyone sailed on similar ships with similar experiences care to help me out a little??? Thanks so much.
This can be true; most smaller ships, especially the older ones do not have as good stabilizers as the larger ones. Sailing out of Houston can be a bit rough the first day or so. Yes, the patch may make you a little groggy, but I would get the perscription anyway and see what happens.

You did get a great deal, if you enjoyed the Sea I am sure you will be very happy with the Dream. The Dream cabins are larger than the Sea, they couldn't be much smaller.

We are lucky, we do not get sea sick, but traveled with friends both on the Sea and in November the Armsterdam: she does get sick, and she did. Actually she was much worse on the Armsterdam, but it was even a smaller ship than the Sea or the Dream. Just have a great time, be prepared for a little rocking and rolling and get the patch. It is better to be groggy for a day or so than to have to miss meals.....LOL

NMNnita

I get seasick sometime on the smaller and larger ships as well,

All the meds make me drowsy except for Bonine.

Works well and over the counter. I take it before ship pulls out of port and in the am when its announced may have high seas.

good luck

get some meclazine ( over the counter bonine) it works really good and wont make you drowsy at all... just get it, in case you feel sick,,

unfortunatley no matter which cruise you are on, it all depends on the ocean...

have a great cruise

Melissa

Archived