Debark times for Destiny

Luvsdaislands

Could you be more specific? I sailed on 11/26/06 and had a 12:15 pm flight. I made sure I went to the Purser's Desk (with a copy of my flight itinerary) and got early debarkation tags. My group was called at 8:30 am and I was off the ship and at the airport by 9:30 am!

But please do not take my experience as gospel!

As soon as the ship docks, the disembarkation process begins. BUUUTTT before ANYONE gets off the ship, 2 things must happen. Customs must review the manifest to see that all US citizens paperwork is in order and they check all foreign nationals aboard personally. You will hear announcements as to when they must meet with Customs. While this goes on, the ships accounting dept. will be calling all those whose S&S accounts have not been cleared. You will hear their names over the PA.

When Customs is satisified and Carnival [or any other cruiseline] has all its money, actual debarking starts.

Normally Carnival and Customs complete their process quickly. But every cruise is unique. Weather can delay docking, Customs can have a problem with someone's docs. and Accounting might have a hard time collecting the money. If all 3 things happen on the same cruise, look out. I have read about people not getting off until around noon.

Dan

We had early off tags-- headed to the Lounge as directed and it was packed.. they let off each row at a time with the first row heading off first about 7:30. We were closer to the back and were off by 8:30

grabbed a porter and headed to the airport-- by the time we checked in and gave up our luggage and headed to our gate it was 11:30.

The airport was a zoo.. Never seen a place like it.

Thank you. I have booked my 2008 family cruise, and even though the 2008 air schedule and rates are not out yet I wanted to get an idea of what kind of time frame I was working with. The only direct flight (I hate changing flights!) as of 2007, from SJU to BWI is at 8:00pm, but I a long time to decide.

Thanks again

Luvsdaislands

Archived