Best teenager cruise ship?

NURSE24001

Hi,

As an avid Carnival Cruiser in the past. I am curious to see which ship has the best reviews for catering to the teenagers. I am a divorced mom with kids 14 and 15. I am ready to book our next vacation. They don't want to hang out with the 'little kids' anymore however, are too young for the adult crowd. Has anyone been on a ship lately that was impressed with the teen enviroment where the teens actually had a great time?? Thanks in advance.

I just asked my dd (she is 17 was `15 at the time) and she said she had the best time on the Fascination but it was mostly the people she met. She said they were awesome and Ari the teen director was fantastic. She also said to give her 60 days and she will report back on the Valor.

LOL

I can't give you any other cruiseline experience, but my kids had so much fun on our first Carnival cruise that, this time around, they wouldn't let me book another cruiseline. I was thinking of trying another line, just for the experience, but they practically begged me not to. That is how much fun they had.

Be sure they go to the first meet on the first night. That really kicked it off well for my kids.

May I suggest you wait until the 14 year old turns 15 or is within 3 months of being 15. Usually if they are within 3 months of 15 they will allow them to move up to the Club 02 group. My daughter who is 13 went on her first cruise in November (Elation). She found the activities for the 12-14 year old group to be a little lame but was actually invited to the Club 02 one night for dancing and really enjoyed it much better. Also, you will probably want to keep the kids in the same group. Although we loved the Elation our daughter is wanting to try a larger ship for the summer such as the Glory. The new Carnival Freedom should be an awesome ship but it want start sailing out of the US until November 2007.

Archived