Adventure Aft Balcony

I just found out which cabin my mom booked for our upcoming cruise on Adventure and it's cabin 7688. There was a site somewhere to look at all the aft balconies in the voyager class, but I can't remember where. Any comments about the room and balcony (Is it any bigger than regular rooms/balconies?)

I only have one comment....your mom booked the largest balcony on the ship!!!! Way to go! Here is a link to my aft photo gallery. All voyager-class ships are the same as far as aft cabins are concerned. So all the photos you see of 7688 (or the mirror image cabin 7388) will be like your cabin on Adventure! Enjoy!

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

(there are several pages of photos so search through the whole galler for all the 7688 and 7388 photos)

I only have one comment....your mom booked the largest balcony on the ship!!!! Way to go! Here is a link to my aft photo gallery. All voyager-class ships are the same as far as aft cabins are concerned. So all the photos you see of 7688 (or the mirror image cabin 7388) will be like your cabin on Adventure! Enjoy!

(there are several pages of photos so search through the whole galler for all the 7688 and 7388 photos)

Great pictures!! I just changed from a hump E2 to an aft JS on deck 7 on the Mariner this May and after seeing your pictures I'm even more excited.

I have 1688 on the Adventure of the Seas next month. For future reference, are these the same size as 7688 and 7388? I like to be out in the sun. Is one better for sunning?

Thanks!

I have 1688 on the Adventure of the Seas next month. For future reference, are these the same size as 7688 and 7388? I like to be out in the sun. Is one better for sunning?

Thanks!

1688 (and its mirror image 1388) have a nice, large balcony too, but not nearly as large as 7688/7388. 1688's balcony is part sunny/part shady. It probably has more sun than 7688/7388 though which is mostly shady/partly sunny. It also depends on the direction travelled, time of day, etc...but I have always been able to find a sunny spot on my balcony of 1688 while my husband would lounge in the shady part reading a book. It was the best of all worlds. Now, that was a comparison of the balconies, but when you compare the cabins themselves 1688/1388 is a HUGE winner! 1688/1388 are very large cabins! They are about the size of a Junior Suite! The cabins are much, much larger than 7688/7388 (which in my opinion are pretty small). But, of course, the pricetag for 1688/1388 is more than 7688/7388. Here is a link to my gallery of photos from 1688 on Explorer....

http://travel.webshots.com/album/42736707mJbKZS

1688 (and its mirror image 1388) have a nice, large balcony too, but not nearly as large as 7688/7388. 1688's balcony is part sunny/part shady. It probably has more sun than 7688/7388 though which is mostly shady/partly sunny. It also depends on the direction travelled, time of day, etc...but I have always been able to find a sunny spot on my balcony of 1688 while my husband would lounge in the shady part reading a book. It was the best of all worlds. Now, that was a comparison of the balconies, but when you compare the cabins themselves 1688/1388 is a HUGE winner! 1688/1388 are very large cabins! They are about the size of a Junior Suite! The cabins are much, much larger than 7688/7388 (which in my opinion are pretty small). But, of course, the pricetag for 1688/1388 is more than 7688/7388. Here is a link to my gallery of photos from 1688 on Explorer....

http://travel.webshots.com/album/42736707mJbKZS

Bonnie--I am sure I speak for many, many others when I say, "what would we do without you?" Those photos on that link are awesome! Cute kids by the way......the boy in the red shirt sure has his Mom's smile! You can't deny that one! Thanks for all your help! I must say the slideshow really helped. I have been in such a funk since my brother passed away in November and have not been as excited as I normally am considering our cruise is about 5 weeks away. Your pictures made my day. Thank you.

Bonnie--I am sure I speak for many, many others when I say, "what would we do without you?" Those photos on that link are awesome! Cute kids by the way......the boy in the red shirt sure has his Mom's smile! You can't deny that one! Thanks for all your help! I must say the slideshow really helped. I have been in such a funk since my brother passed away in November and have not been as excited as I normally am considering our cruise is about 5 weeks away. Your pictures made my day. Thank you.

Thank you for your kind words! The boy in the red shirt is definitely mine! The other boy is my son's friend. You are going to love your cabin/balcony. 1688 is my favorite cabin and I usually book early enough to have any cabin I want! I will be in this same cabin on Freedom soon! It is cabin 1700 on Freedom though. Anyway, have a great time on your cruise. My deepest sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your brother.

Bonnie,

Thanks for the pics, I have referenced them in other threads regarding the aft cabins (hope you don't mind, I always give you credit). Your pictures inspired me to book the deck seven corner aft cabin on the Freedom 22 months in advance! I was on the phone the day they opened the sailings just so I could get that cabin. Now I only have another 14 months of anticipation!

Thanks for the pics Bonnie. I am booked in 7388 for May 20th on Mariner. SLH, are we neighbors?

Almost, we are 7692. I switched since my GF and her dd are now joining us. It's their 1st cruise. I hope they become as addicted as my dd and I are.

Bonnie it was fabulous seeing my exact cabin.Thanks again.

Bonnie,

Thanks for the pics, I have referenced them in other threads regarding the aft cabins (hope you don't mind, I always give you credit). Your pictures inspired me to book the deck seven corner aft cabin on the Freedom 22 months in advance! I was on the phone the day they opened the sailings just so I could get that cabin. Now I only have another 14 months of anticipation!

Enjoy your cabin! Feel free to link to my aft gallery anytime you want! That's precisely why I created it! :D

Hi Bonnie! Do you know anything about 9690 on Mariner? We have her booked for May. Thanks!

I have a couple of photos of 9690 in my aft gallery. Also look at 9390 which is the mirror image of 9690 (the same but opposite). It's a great cabin/balcony but the balcony is a little too sunny for me! ;)

Bonnie,

I'm booked in 9390 on AOS for this summer, and I was wondering how much of the balcony can be seen from deck 10 and the island grill? Not that I intend to do anything naughty out there of course, just curious. Thanks!

Bonnie,

I'm booked in 9390 on AOS for this summer, and I was wondering how much of the balcony can be seen from deck 10 and the island grill? Not that I intend to do anything naughty out there of course, just curious. Thanks!

You can't see much of 9390/9690's balconies at all from 1388/1688 or the Windjammer/Island Grill. Below is a photo taken from the Island Grill/Windjammer looking down at 1688. (If the photo isn't visible I put the link to the photo below it) You really can't see any of 9690 from The Windjammer and only about 2 feet of the balcony of 1688. The balconies are so deep there is plenty of private area to do whatever you want! ;)

FullSize

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1048329540036355651EzbOCs

We have 1390 booked for a B2B on the Voyager in January 08. I am just curious if there are any obstructions on the balcony? If I am viewing the pictures in your album correctly, aft cabins on deck 6 and 7 have to look through a grill of iron work. Does the iron railings come into play on the other decks?

We had 8672 booked on the Brilliance the past two years and have 8588 booked on the Rhasody for a B2B in 10 days. I am hooked !! I plan my cruise around when I can get them.

Thanks for any information you can give me. You have done an incredible job with your album. Thanks for all of the hard work putting it together.

I have 1688 booked on the Dec 23rd Explorer cruise. originally I had 1692 booked after a great experience in 1690 on the Voyager last year but based what I have read here I jumped on 1688 when the opportunity came up. How would the cabin of 1688 compare to 1690 and do all the deck 10 aft balconies have a table you can eat at like the one on the Voyager did last time. P.S. Thanks to all who have posted pictures of their cabin especially Bonnie.

Hi Bonnie

How does 9392 compare to 9390. this is my first cruise with RCCL & a first in an aft cabin? thanks

cottagemama

9392 has a larger and more square-shaped balcony (9390 is a pie-shaped balcony). 9392 probably has a tad less privacy than 9390 but is still an awesome balcony with a great view. both cabins are identical with the exception of 9392 has a double sliding door and 9390 has a single door and a neat porthole window in the cabin. Both are good choices.

We have 1390 booked for a B2B on the Voyager in January 08. I am just curious if there are any obstructions on the balcony? If I am viewing the pictures in your album correctly, aft cabins on deck 6 and 7 have to look through a grill of iron work. Does the iron railings come into play on the other decks?

We had 8672 booked on the Brilliance the past two years and have 8588 booked on the Rhasody for a B2B in 10 days. I am hooked !! I plan my cruise around when I can get them.

Thanks for any information you can give me. You have done an incredible job with your album. Thanks for all of the hard work putting it together.

1390 is a GREAT cabin and balcony! It has a HUGE square balcony with no obstructions at all! We usually reserve 1690 for whoever is traveling with us (mirror image of 1390). We like 1688 for ourselves because we like the wider cabin and the shady area on the balcony.

I have 1688 booked on the Dec 23rd Explorer cruise. originally I had 1692 booked after a great experience in 1690 on the Voyager last year but based what I have read here I jumped on 1688 when the opportunity came up. How would the cabin of 1688 compare to 1690 and do all the deck 10 aft balconies have a table you can eat at like the one on the Voyager did last time. P.S. Thanks to all who have posted pictures of their cabin especially Bonnie.

1690 and 1688 are both awesome cabins/balconies. Both are nice large cabins but 1688's cabin is considerably wider than 1690's (and a tad shorter). You have plenty of room to walk around even with the sofabed opened up. There is a support pole inside the cabin of 1688 that many people grimace about but it honestly was never a problem for us and we've sailed in that cabin several times. It is at the foot of the bed. You can see it in some of my photos. 1688's balcony is as large as 1690's but it has an unusual shape and one corner of the balcony is in a shaded alcove (which is the main reason we like it). The rest of the balcony gets some sun so you can have sun OR shade. There is also a support pole on 1688's balcony that you will have to duck under on occasion, but again it was a non-issue for us. I just arranged the furniture in such a way that the pole was not in a traffic area. We always grab 1688 when we can and we put our friends in 1690, so I have been in both cabins and I still prefer 1688 but wouldn't hesitate to book 1690 if I couldn't get 1688!

Bonnie,

Thanks for the information. When we booked this cruise 1688 and 1388 were already booked. I have wait listed us in both cabins. Not sure if the cruiseline really pays attention to that though.

Again, thanks for all your efforts with your album. You really helped me pick out my cabin.

Archived