Adventure Aft Balcony

Bonnie - Happy New Year :D

44 more sleeps and I will finally experience 1694 for our B2B on the AOS!

I plan to take lots of pictures (every angle) of the balcony and the cabin....then send them to you so you can add them to your incredible gallery (if you want to, of course!)

Have a great day!

Bonnie - Happy New Year :D

44 more sleeps and I will finally experience 1694 for our B2B on the AOS!

I plan to take lots of pictures (every angle) of the balcony and the cabin....then send them to you so you can add them to your incredible gallery (if you want to, of course!)

Have a great day!

I will look forward to seeing those photos! :D I leave in 3 HOURS for sunny Florida!!!! It's just a quickie long-weekend visit taking my kids down to see the Grandparents but I can't wait to feel the warmth of the sun on my face!!! ;)

Bonnie,

I will never lose any sleep over any cabin.:p Being on a ship in any cabin is a very good thing. It looks like 1390 is exactly like our cabin 8172 on the Brilliance.

Do you just post pictures for the Voyager class. I plan on taking lots of pictures of 8588 on the Rhapsody.

Bonnie,

I will never lose any sleep over any cabin.:p Being on a ship in any cabin is a very good thing. It looks like 1390 is exactly like our cabin 8172 on the Brilliance.

Do you just post pictures for the Voyager class. I plan on taking lots of pictures of 8588 on the Rhapsody.

I never set out to become the "queen of aft" it just sort of happened. Just by the luck of the draw, I once ended up on a corner/aft balcony (on Carnival Triumph) and then I was hooked. When I booked my first RCCL cruise (on Explorer) I knew I wanted a corner/aft cabin and that's when I realized there was some sort of structure at the back of the Voyager-class ships and I began my research. After finally sailing on Explorer and seeing the "structure" in person I decided that a picture was worth a thousand words and what followed over the years was my aft gallery. I wanted to have somewhere for other curious people, like myself, to refer to before making their cabin decision. I haven't done it for any other class of ship and don't really plan to at this time as I believe most ships have no particular issue with their aft/stern cabins. It's just those darned Voyager-class (and now Freedom-class) ships that have that crazy metal structure to contend with. I am delighted though that so many people have been able to benefit from my collection of photos! :D

What goes on this deck here. It seems like wasted space. This big gray deck on deck 6. I have heard it is crew deck?? If you were on deck 6 here it seems a limited view aft. DO they have parties there?

ft_73887688_balcony_061216_026-vi.jpg

On Explorer (and probably Voyager and Adventure) I believe this area on deck 6 is actually the ROOF over the crew area. The crew area itself was on deck 5. Navigator and Mariner may be a tad different in design, so I don't know about them. I have not heard too many people mention actually seeing crew members on this grey area, other than to hose it down on occasion I would imagine.

Hi Bonnie! I'm sorry to bother you again. I haven't had a chance to find 9690 on your aft pictures yet. I just have a quick question, does this cabin have any obstructed views? Thanks and again I'm sorry to bother you again. Thanks for all the info and pictures when I get a chance to look!:p

Cindy

Hi Bonnie! I'm sorry to bother you again. I haven't had a chance to find 9690 on your aft pictures yet. I just have a quick question, does this cabin have any obstructed views? Thanks and again I'm sorry to bother you again. Thanks for all the info and pictures when I get a chance to look!:p

Cindy

No obstructed view from 9390/9690!

Cindy

No obstructed view from 9390/9690!

• 3 months later...

Really, do you work for RCCL? I think you have made more people book than any other form of advertising (LOL). I jumped on 1688 and 1690 for May of 2008 due to your rave reviews and amazing pictures. But, I can't seem to get a straight answer on the boards about the balcony opening up between 1688/90. Thr RCCL representitive said that she believes so but I know you know for sure ;) !

Really, do you work for RCCL? I think you have made more people book than any other form of advertising (LOL). I jumped on 1688 and 1690 for May of 2008 due to your rave reviews and amazing pictures. But, I can't seem to get a straight answer on the boards about the balcony opening up between 1688/90. Thr RCCL representitive said that she believes so but I know you know for sure ;) !

Nope, I definitely don't work for RCCL, but I'd be happy to do so! ;) And the straight answer to your question is...No, the balcony divider between 1688 and 1690 does not open up. Some of the older ships have balconies on the stern/aft that will open up, but not the Voyager-class ships.

Nope, I definitely don't work for RCCL, but I'd be happy to do so! ;) And the straight answer to your question is...No, the balcony divider between 1688 and 1690 does not open up. Some of the older ships have balconies on the stern/aft that will open up, but not the Voyager-class ships.

That stinks that would have been one HUGE Balcony!!! Thanks Bonnie!

Hi Bonnie

Thank you for all your pictures and valuable insight into choosing the cabins. After reading this thread I decided I'd check if one of the corner aft rooms were.

I called thinking of booking a surprise cruise for my husband for his 40th Birthday (June 2008) on the Explorer out of Bayonne. I called up and 1688 was available so it's now booked.

I don't think I'll be able to keep this a secret from him for too long though, I'm just too excited.

Thanks again

Noreen

Hi Bonnie

Thank you for all your pictures and valuable insight into choosing the cabins. After reading this thread I decided I'd check if one of the corner aft rooms were.

I called thinking of booking a surprise cruise for my husband for his 40th Birthday (June 2008) on the Explorer out of Bayonne. I called up and 1688 was available so it's now booked.

I don't think I'll be able to keep this a secret from him for too long though, I'm just too excited.

Thanks again

Noreen

Noreen, you are in my favorite cabin on my favorite ship! I hope you enjoy it as much as I always have!

Hi Bonnie

I called up and 1688 was available so it's now booked.

Thanks again

Noreen

If you can't keep it a secret, that's understandable. You'll enjoy every square inch of 1688. We were in that room on Navigator on our first cruise. That's too nice a room to start out in; spoils you forever.

Hi Bonnie and CLQ

So far so good - my husband and I had dinner together and I didn't say a word about the cruise. Now if I can only keep that up for the next year and 2 months :rolleyes:

Thank you for all the positive feedback. I'm very excited about it. I'll probably share the surprise with some of my friends at work, especially Kim who also posts on cruisecritic as HardingK. She's the one who convinced me to take my first cruise and got me hooked. She'll appreciate the cabin I was able to get.

Thanks

Noreen

Noreen 411.....keeping a secret from the hubby, i'm going to have the same problem too. : )) coworker and I booked our 1688 and 1388 cabins last week and have been keeping this secret since then. : ) don't know how much we can keep this up because we are walking around with smiles on our faces.....and with each glowing report of these cabins we are starting to crack under pressure to tell the hubbies. : )))

I got my coworker hooked when she and the hubby took their first cruise with us on Explorer a few years ago. This will be their third cruise. We had been anticipating this booking for months....checking weekly (yes land based or cruising we are obsessed annual with planning the group's annual vacation) to see if bookings were open for Nov2008 because on our last cruise we had aft cabins for the first time and loved it!!!!!!!!!!! And when I saw on these various boards how often they are hard to come by, I wanted to make sure we were 'standing at the door' when the sailings opened. : ) The only thing helping me with keeping my secret is that I've been working up here in Northern Cali this week...I go home to Southern Cali tomorrow......my coworker said she almost cracked to her husband yesterday when he saw a RCCL ad on tv. : ) So it's just a matter of time before we both crack. : )

We were able to book 7388 on AOS for the 9/23 sailing . We were looking at southern cruises this weekend and low and behold it was available. The strange thing is we had booked the same corner aft room on the Liberty and decided to change cruises, we have never went on the southern cruise and this is also our first RCI cruise. The balcony pictures sold us. Someone must have got a surprise when the 9/22 Liberty aft opened up, and RCI made some money as the price has went up $500 :eek: since we booked.

We were able to book 7388 on AOS for the 9/23 sailing . We were looking at southern cruises this weekend and low and behold it was available.

We toured that room on Voyager as we were disembarking last Dec. Had seen the balcony pics on Webshots and wanted to experience it for ourselves. For the category, you can't get a better balcony. Heck, it's almost the biggest balcony in any category. For sure the majority of JS's would seem to have a smaller one. We saw one picture where there were 21 people out on a 7688/7388 balcony. I hope you'll enjoy.

I just found out which cabin my mom booked for our upcoming cruise on Adventure and it's cabin 7688. There was a site somewhere to look at all the aft balconies in the voyager class, but I can't remember where. Any comments about the room and balcony (Is it any bigger than regular rooms/balconies?)

You will love this balcony. We had this balcony several times on Navigator and its GREAT !!

Archived