Segway Tour on St. Thomas/St. John?

back2cruising

I have googled this & gone to a couple different websites but I cannot find anything. :( I am really hoping that there is something because I don't really want to do it in Nassau but I DO really want to do a Segway tour! They are VERY :cool: , too much fun!

Has anyone ever heard of this type of tour on either of these islands?

Thanks, in advance, for any information you have!

Ms411 can tell you. There isn't a Segway tour in St Thomas, unfortunately. The same guy in St Maarten petitioned the legislature for a license to operate a Segway biz here, but was turned down. Supposedly over concerns for safety, but the taxi drivers here have a fit if any mode of mobility is proposed, and they are a huge voting block.

I have googled this & gone to a couple different websites but I cannot find anything. :( I am really hoping that there is something because I don't really want to do it in Nassau but I DO really want to do a Segway tour! They are VERY :cool: , too much fun!

Has anyone ever heard of this type of tour on either of these islands?

Thanks, in advance, for any information you have!

the best Segway tour is the one at Disney at Epcot!!! you might want to consider a pre or post trip there.

Hello,

Nope don't know of any on Thomas or St. John. Not sure how well they would work... downtown Charlotte Amalie has historical sites for touring however the sidewalks and alleys are narrow. Maybe if they ever made Main St. pedestrian only. Might be a good idea for getting from Havensight to downtown along the waterfront apron... but again that sidewalk is narrow in some areas. Anyhoo, haven't seen any in use here.

--Islander

http://www.*****

the best Segway tour is the one at Disney at Epcot!!! you might want to consider a pre or post trip there.

Thanks Seaisme--we've done both of them :D & will probably do the longer one again the next time we're there. That's what made me hope for one in St. Thomas.

Thank you Ms411 for the background on the issue, very interesting!

Thanks Islander & Cbcaper!

I guess Nassau it is! If we make it there, :( I'm reading some disturbing issues about Millenium but hopefully we'll get there. If not another sea day is not bad!

Archived