Thalassotherapy pool

Norcal Cruiser

What exactly is the nominal charge for the thalassotherapy pool on a 7 night cruise on The Mercury ?We've sailed the millenium class ships before and gotten it for free.Love the pool just curious.Can't find the info on Celebritys web site.Thanks for any info...:)

What exactly is the nominal charge for the thalassotherapy pool on a 7 night cruise on The Mercury ?We've sailed the millenium class ships before and gotten it for free.Love the pool just curious.Can't find the info on Celebritys web site.Thanks for any info...:)

The thalassotherapy pool is complimentary on Millenium class ships (Summit, Infinity, Millenium, Constellation) only. Unfortunately, use of the thalassotherapy pool is not complimentary on Mercury -- nor are day passes available; charge is $89 per person for a week's worth of use.

• 1 month later...

In the Thalassotherapy pool area, I notice that there are 3 saunas, two items labeled "sauna", one labeled "steam" and another room labeled "etruscan chamber". Is this entire area part of the charge, or are the sauna cabins separate? Do you access the sauna's from the pool deck? Are they co-ed? And what exactly is an "etruscan chamber?

Thanks for the help.

I was able to get a day pass to the thassalotherapy pool for $20. Just ask...they should deliver. In fact, after I got my day pass, they ended up draining it around 5PM. I went to get in one last time in the evening, to find it wasn't available. They extended my day pass one more day, free of charge.

I was able to get a day pass to the thassalotherapy pool for $20. Just ask...they should deliver. In fact, after I got my day pass, they ended up draining it around 5PM. I went to get in one last time in the evening, to find it wasn't available. They extended my day pass one more day, free of charge.

Did you use any of the sauna cabins? Are they co-ed? Do you access them with the same fee for the T-pool?

On the Mercury (the original question), it was $99 for a 9-night cruise earlier this month. Free for Elite and Suites. I would highly recommend it. It is much better, less crowded, and more intimate (the jets, ambience) than the large [hot pool] on the M-class ships in my opinion. You also get access to the co-ed steam room for this price out by the pool area. Only the single sex sauna's in the locker rooms are free on Mercury.

On the Mercury (the original question), it was $99 for a 9-night cruise earlier this month. Free for Elite and Suites. I would highly recommend it. It is much better, less crowded, and more intimate (the jets, ambience) than the large [hot pool] on the M-class ships in my opinion. You also get access to the co-ed steam room for this price out by the pool area. Only the single sex sauna's in the locker rooms are free on Mercury.

Thanks, answered all my questions.

In the Thalassotherapy pool area, I notice that there are 3 saunas, two items labeled "sauna", one labeled "steam" and another room labeled "etruscan chamber". Is this entire area part of the charge, or are the sauna cabins separate? Do you access the sauna's from the pool deck? Are they co-ed? And what exactly is an "etruscan chamber?

Thanks for the help.

I don't know about the costs but I believe the Etruscan Chamber is part of a spa "service" where a couple is given mud to massage on each other and then shower off together.

• 2 weeks later...
I seem to recall they were going to remove the t-pools from the C-class ships with the refurbs. Is that still going to happen? Did they take it out of the Century?

Yes, it is gone and replaced by the Persian Gardens, a waste IMO.

Whisperpj, reread the responses and you will see that is NOT free on Mercury unless you are Elite or in a suite.

We were on Mercury in November 2006 for 11 day cruise. For those in Ocean view cabin there is no free T-pool, we paid about 80 bucks for the whole cruise, don't remember exactly. On Mercury saunas are not co-ed, they are located in locker rooms and are free of charge.

In the T-pool area there is a steam room, which is co-ed. You have to buy an access to T-pool in order to use the steam room.

Vovulya

Archived