murder mystery

revj

Sorry I don't know the schedule for the Dawn. Don't assume that it's a sea day. On the 12 day Spirit cruise, it was a port day, but I'm not sure I remember which one...I think Barbados. We signed up on the second sea day of the cruise and the event was a couple of nights after that.

The listing for the event was under "Cruise News and More" in the Freestyle Daily Activities. It said "Murder Mystery Sign Up" and you had to find the crew member in the library to get on the list (in our case the person from the activities staff was reading a book and didn't really stand out!). They handed out an instruction paper and never mentioned the actual event in the Daily, so it's possible some people signed up and then forgot about it.

Hope that helps.

Linda

I was on the Wind last Dec and my 7 YO son not only attended, he played a character. I don't know why anyone is saying kids aren't allowed.

You got Lucky Ive done the mystery on a few ships and its fun everytime.

Its a stated policy of 18 and over. that bein said I guess the person who took the sign up was not aware of teh rules

You can pretty bank on the sign up happening on the first Sea day commencing at 9 am usually in teh library.

DO NOT WAIT!!!! Ive seen disgruntled guests moaning at 2:30 Pm because it was filled up and in the Freestyle sign ups were listed at 9-11 and 2-4, it is almost always filled before noon.

I participated in it in the eleven-night sailing of the Dawn which commenced on November 26. It was held on the seventh night of the cruise on a day that we were in port. We had to meet in the theater at 5:00 PM. It was limited to 180 passengers. 180 isn't a multiple of eight, but I guess they figured that some people would forget to show up. As mentioned above, it wasn't mentioned in that day's newsletter.

I had an absolutely fantastic time. However, I was incredibly lucky in that I got to sit with seven people who were really into participating. The next day, I spoke to guy who had been at another table, and he told me that during the dinner, a woman at his table got up, said, "Adios, muchachos!" and left. He took over her part, but he told me that he didn't have much time to read her script, and it turned out that she was the murderer, but he didn't know that (not having read her script from the beginning), and the people at his table didn't get to enjoy the murder mystery as much as they could have.

Our written instructions told us that if we wanted to sit with certain people at the murder mystery dinner, we should all arrive together at the theater. Of course, some people thought that the rules didn't apply to them. The ship's host had to assemble everyone into groups of eight for our seating in the dining room. When the host assembled four people to be sat together and asked if there was another group of four, two people called out "Four!" and they were sat next to the group of four. When the host pointed out that there were only two of them, they said that another couple would be coming soon. The host kept asking them and asking them where the other couple was, and they kept saying that the couple would show up. Finally, the other couple did show up, but they said that they were waiting for yet ANOTHER couple to show up, and the "first" couple said that in that case, they were a group of six, not four, and they couldn't sit with the group of four that had already been assembled. The host smiled broadly (probably to keep from screaming). Although I think that the first couple was wrong to tell the host that they were a group of four (when they first sat down next to the group of four), I feel that the host was wrong for allowing them to stay seated, instead of saying, "You'll have to wait for your friends to show up before you can be assigned to a table." I don't know what happened with those people.

As I said, I was very, very lucky to wind up with the seven tablemates that I did.

I participated in it in the eleven-night sailing of the Dawn which commenced on November 26. It was held on the seventh night of the cruise on a day that we were in port. We had to meet in the theater at 5:00 PM. It was limited to 180 passengers. 180 isn't a multiple of eight, but I guess they figured that some people would forget to show up. As mentioned above, it wasn't mentioned in that day's newsletter.

I had an absolutely fantastic time. However, I was incredibly lucky in that I got to sit with seven people who were really into participating. The next day, I spoke to guy who had been at another table, and he told me that during the dinner, a woman at his table got up, said, "Adios, muchachos!" and left. He took over her part, but he told me that he didn't have much time to read her script, and it turned out that she was the murderer, but he didn't know that (not having read her script from the beginning), and the people at his table didn't get to enjoy the murder mystery as much as they could have.

Our written instructions told us that if we wanted to sit with certain people at the murder mystery dinner, we should all arrive together at the theater. Of course, some people thought that the rules didn't apply to them. The ship's host had to assemble everyone into groups of eight for our seating in the dining room. When the host assembled four people to be sat together and asked if there was another group of four, two people called out "Four!" and they were sat next to the group of four. When the host pointed out that there were only two of them, they said that another couple would be coming soon. The host kept asking them and asking them where the other couple was, and they kept saying that the couple would show up. Finally, the other couple did show up, but they said that they were waiting for yet ANOTHER couple to show up, and the "first" couple said that in that case, they were a group of six, not four, and they couldn't sit with the group of four that had already been assembled. The host smiled broadly (probably to keep from screaming). Although I think that the first couple was wrong to tell the host that they were a group of four (when they first sat down next to the group of four), I feel that the host was wrong for allowing them to stay seated, instead of saying, "You'll have to wait for your friends to show up before you can be assigned to a table." I don't know what happened with those people.

As I said, I was very, very lucky to wind up with the seven tablemates that I did.

Archived