Back from the Oosterdam 1-06-07

Omnium

Hey Kerry,

When is it you are crusing this fall? I want to try and remember to come back to these boards then, and read your review of the New England cruise.

Otherwise I probably won't be back till next November, when we decide to book our next January, 2008 cruise.

Chris (Iowa)

PS--I really, really enjoyed reading all your commentary, and particularly about the Neptune Lounge, and the joys of the good life in the Suites!

Hi Chris,

It looks like NE will probably have to wait until 2008. Everything good has been booked already. I talked to Linda and she agrees. We may take the girls on a cruise this summer, but there are lots of logistics to work out. As I may have said earlier, Jane and I will probably do the same cruise we went on with you in Jan. 2008. I will definitely keep in touch.

Kerry

I would like some comments and clarifications about your As You Like It dining schedule. There is conflicting information on our 3/3 Roll Call on this subject. Some think we are still on the As You Like It experiment. Others think we are on a different experiment. My TA swears we are not on As You Like It from her calls to HAL.

My letter in the docs is as follows:

IMPORTANT DINING NOTICE

Dear Guest,

We are excited to advise you of a new dining concept - Leisure Dining Service -...

Is this the same letter you received? I read on one of the other threads that the As You Like it experiment had been a "logistics nightmare" for the staff and that they were now experimenting with this "Windows" concept.

Comments?

As stated in the letter, it's "Leisure Dining Service". I received a letter regarding "As You Wish Dining" for the 1/6/07 Oosterdam cruise and it's a totally different concept. As You Wish Dining offers two dining options, either traditional fixed seating (Deck 3) or open dining (Deck 2). We enjoyed open dining. :D

Fred

Cruising Boomer, in all honestly I think Seattle just plain goofed. I think they sent you the wrong letter, that is the letter they sent out for last year. It is my understanding that the "Dine As You Wish" concept will be in effect during your sailing. Unfortunately sometimes with all the changes Seattle gets a bit confused as well of what is actually happening on the ships.

Archived