Noordam Info

nckvilledudes

Have been one one cruise last November on the legend and really enjoyed it. Meet several people on the cruise who loved Holland and especialy the Noordam. Any one care to share their opinions of the Noordam??? I have looked at the ship on the web and it looks great. Has anyone sailed on the Noordam and had a balcony room???

Dan

Have been one one cruise last November on the legend and really enjoyed it. Meet several people on the cruise who loved Holland and especialy the Noordam. Any one care to share their opinions of the Noordam??? I have looked at the ship on the web and it looks great. Has anyone sailed on the Noordam and had a balcony room???

Dan

Not yet, nckvilledudes! But I will be able to give you my opinion of the verandah staterooms after our 02/07 sailing to the Caribbean! :D

nckvilledudes: we did qa 16-day transatlantic cruise on the Noordam in October in a verandah cabin and enjoyed the Noordam very much!

She is a beautiful, new ship. We had an SS cabin, up on deck 8, the Navigation Deck and had no problem with the ride or from any noise from the Lido Deck, above. I will be glad to respond to any questions.

I've been on about 50 cruises, 2 being the Noordam (Mar and Dec 06; 22 nights total). She is a beautiful ship; I had a great time and will continue to sail her. My only grip is the crazy constricted set up of the Lido dining area, but I don't think that's unique to Noordam, and it's not a sufficient deterrent to not sail her.

We have always been pleased with the service on HAL ships-the staff and crew have been cheerful, friendly and responsive.

We have not yet booked directly with HAL.

The verandah sizes vary with the category of the cabin. We had a V class cabin on deck 6 on the Oosterdam (also a Vista class ship as is the Noordam) and the verandah was very small--3 people would be a crowd. Then, on our Noordam cruise, we had an SS cabin and the verandah was much larger, easily comfortable for 4-6 people.

Here is a picture of our SS verandah:

782311899_Noordam117-SSCabin8038Verandah-CCpostingsize.jpg.b843bbaaad275b6500edad12db1b0759.jpg

There are several reviews including my own here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=362 You can find pictures of the ship and the 10 day schedules here: http://community.webshots.com/user/n1mhv

Excellent review of the Noordam. I think we would enjoy the ship.

Dan

My only grip is the crazy constricted set up of the Lido dining area,

I don't understand what you mean. :confused: I think the multi-station approach on the Vistas is much better than the one-line-fits-all on the R & S ships. Or are you referring to the table arrangement? Or what?

Cruised on the Noordam last April and now booked again in Feb. The Noordam is a great ship with excellent service. Food in the Lido and Dining Room great. Did not go to the Pinnacle, but our TA provided a certificate for the February cruise. Will be going with three couples and we are all looking forward to a wonderful cruise.:)

Archived