Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Were thinking (very seriously) of taking NCL to Europe in April 2010. My other half is excited to do Venice and Greece. We've already cruise the Mediterranean and loved it. The price with the Military discount is quite reasonable, but we'll have to see what airfare is going to run. I have a feeling it will be more than the cruise :eek:. We were thinking of cruising to Bermuda in 2010 but changed our Repo to sail on the NCL Majesty's last cruise :(, so we're going to Bermuda this year, instead.

Even though we swore we were going to try and only do 1 cruise next year, I suspect it will be another 2 cruise year. NCL has some interesting offerings next year. There are a few ships we haven't sailed yet. I wouldn't mind doing Alaska on a different ship.

I have never been on an Olivia cruise although my wife and I really like to cruise. If not for the expense we would like to try it, and we may one day. However, I LOVE the idea of cruising with a group of "sisters" on a non-Olivia cruise. Cruisecritic even has a member cruise board where members can organize cruises for groups! Any Takers???

We would love to join in; would depend on the timing. Presently, we are headed to Hawaii Sept 2009, for a 12 day Carnival cruise including the islands then cruising to Ensenada, MX. We are in the Mpls St Paul area.

Hi

I've just stumbled across this thread and since my partner (Anne) & I (Vicci) are new to this I hope I'm doing it right!!

We live in Liverpool England and are about to embark on our first cruise on the Jewel of the Seas on the 17th May 2009. From reading the threads it sounds like we are about to have a fantastic time. I just can't believe that there are no other couples from England on this sight. We were hoping to make some friends before we sailed!

I have looked at your photos and they are fantastic. If you or anyone else has any advice or tips for us newcomers please let us know.

Vicci & Anne

May be sticking my camels nose under your tent, but...so many people

love to cruise..wife and I enjoy everyone on cruise...not our place

to judge any lifestyle (wouldn't that be a crappy job) imagine if you

will a world where everyone looked, dressed,lived and acted the same..

boring eh....cruising can and should be about bringing people together..

we go to ports and countries to travel and enjoy something different..

welcome aboard to everyone,,,especially those with manners who

know how to appreciate the diversity of fellow travelers...arrrgghh,

the thought of going on a cruise all by yourself with no companions:eek:

Hi

I've just stumbled across this thread and since my partner (Anne) & I (Vicci) are new to this I hope I'm doing it right!!

We live in Liverpool England and are about to embark on our first cruise on the Jewel of the Seas on the 17th May 2009. From reading the threads it sounds like we are about to have a fantastic time. I just can't believe that there are no other couples from England on this sight. We were hoping to make some friends before we sailed!

I have looked at your photos and they are fantastic. If you or anyone else has any advice or tips for us newcomers please let us know.

Vicci & Anne

Hi Vicci,

Welcome to this thread and to cruising! You will absolutely LOVE it!

Well, you have accomplished one of your goals already...you have made some new friends!

Everyone is so nice and helpful here that you will make more new friends in no time.

I'm glad you like our pics. I'm surprised there are not more couples from the UK on this thread, but they're out there! There are people here from all over the world.

If you want to see if there are any other "family" members going on your cruise in May, try the Carnival Roll Call for your actual cruise. If you don't see a thread for your specific cruise, all you have to do is start one!

If you need help, my partner (AnitaMarie) is way better at this than I am. She will be happy to help you.

Have a great day and happy cruising all!

Angel :)

Hi Vicci,

Welcome to this thread and to cruising! You will absolutely LOVE it!

Well, you have accomplished one of your goals already...you have made some new friends!

Everyone is so nice and helpful here that you will make more new friends in no time.

I'm glad you like our pics. I'm surprised there are not more couples from the UK on this thread, but they're out there! There are people here from all over the world.

If you want to see if there are any other "family" members going on your cruise in May, try the Carnival Roll Call for your actual cruise. If you don't see a thread for your specific cruise, all you have to do is start one!

If you need help, my partner (AnitaMarie) is way better at this than I am. She will be happy to help you.

Have a great day and happy cruising all!

Angel :)

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure we will love the cruising experience and can't wait to sail. Hopefully we will meet other family members on board! Looks like you guys will be out to sea at the same time as us, have a fabulous time. Do you ever sail to Europe from England?

Vicci

Hi all,

Just back from the Emerald Princess and have to say...my first and last Princess. FOD everyday but boring... :)

Bad food and bad entertainment. Thought I would share.

Booked Norwiegan Dawn for next March. Anyone been on it?

cheers,

Paddy Anne

Hi Family, just thought that I would post to bump us back to the first page! We seem to get lost sometimes.

Paddy Ann, I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the Princess experience. I would suggest that you try another of their ships before you bid them au revoir. We were on the Ruby Princess in Nov 08 and loved it so much we will be sailing for a short 3 day in December 09. We are still confirmed Carnival addicts though.

Vicci, I plan to take Angel to Europe in 2010 if possible. She has never been but has a friend in Croatia that she would love to see. So I am looking at itineraries that will give us a stop there. Angel is a tennis fan so we may wait until 2011 for Europe. She is already looking at Wimbledon next! I am not much on land vacations but I'll give it a shot if it makes her happy.

Smooth Sailing All!

AnitaMarie

Edited by angelsbaby1

Hi AnitaMarie

I think you may be surprised at how much you would enjoy Europe too. As for tennis Wimbledon is a fantastic experience Angel would love it. If you are coming to England be sure to remember you now have new friends here! You can email me at vicci12@btinternet.com if you think that I may be able to help. Good luck with your holiday search.

Vicci

Paddy Ann, I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the Princess experience. I would suggest that you try another of their ships before you bid them au revoir. We were on the Ruby Princess in Nov 08 and loved it so much we will be sailing for a short 3 day in December 09. We are still confirmed Carnival addicts though.

Smooth Sailing All!

AnitaMarie

No I loved Carnnival, royal, and Norwiegan so will stick with what i like I think. Yay it's too bad though.

We are looking forward to trying the Dawn.

cheers,

ceejay

Hi all

Has anyone done the Scandinavia/Russia cruise, if so are here any sights that you recommended we see. This is one part of the world that I've never been too and I really don't want to miss anything.

This is also a 'straight' cruise with 3 formal nights does anyone know what they're like and have any tips for us?

Hi all,

Just back from the Emerald Princess and have to say...my first and last Princess. FOD everyday but boring... :)

cheers,

Paddy Anne

I'm really surprised to hear that you didn't like your Princess cruise. I have been on them 3 times with another coming up in Auguust and have had no problems.

Hi all

Has anyone done the Scandinavia/Russia cruise, if so are here any sights that you recommended we see. This is one part of the world that I've never been too and I really don't want to miss anything.

This is also a 'straight' cruise with 3 formal nights does anyone know what they're like and have any tips for us?

Hi liverpool lass - My partner and I were on a Baltic cruise this past summer, but it was on the Carnival Splendor. For the formal nights we wore dressy pants and silky tops, no dresses. What line are you on?

Also what ports are you going to? Here are all our pics from our trip: http://community.webshots.com/user/dnjcruzin and if your interested in specific countries I can tell you what we did.

It really was our best cruise so far.

Dawn

Hi liverpool lass - My partner and I were on a Baltic cruise this past summer, but it was on the Carnival Splendor. For the formal nights we wore dressy pants and silky tops, no dresses. What line are you on?

Also what ports are you going to? Here are all our pics from our trip: http://community.webshots.com/user/dnjcruzin and if your interested in specific countries I can tell you what we did.

It really was our best cruise so far.

Dawn

Hi Dawn

We're sailing on the Jewel of the Sea from England on the 17th May to Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn and Oslo. Did you go on any of the ships tours or did you sight see alone? We have only booked a tour for St. Petersburg and not sure about the other ports. Was your Baltic cruise on a straight cruise or gay cruise?

Thanks for the advice on the attire for the formal nights.

Vicci

Sorry all I pressed the wrong button. Anyone know what the formal nights on the straight cruises are like? Just don't want to spend a fortune on something I won't wear again.

Hi LL,

I understand your dilemma, I don't do dresses of any sort. I am lucky I guess, I do look good in a tux, LOL :cool: I have never felt out of place, always quite comfortable. I did see other "family" in dress slacks and nice blouses as well as some pretty nice pants suits. Angel looks good in dresses so it all worked out. We acted as we normally would like the str8's. We danced, took formal portraits the whole deal. We are just us, no matter where are. I mean we are not into big pda's but anyone who is enlightened and/or paid us any attention knew we were together.

AnitaMarie

Edited by angelsbaby1

Hi LL,

I understand your dilemma, I don't do dresses of any sort. I am lucky I guess, I do look good in a tux, LOL :cool: I have never felt out of place, always quite comfortable. I did see other "family" in dress slacks and nice blouses as well as some pretty nice pants suits. Angel looks good in dresses so it all worked out. We acted as we normally would like the str8's. We danced, took formal portraits the whole deal. We are just us, no matter where are. I mean we are not into big pda's but anyone who is enlightened and/or paid us any attention knew we were together.

AnitaMarie

Hi A & A

I think my dilema about what to wear for the formal nights is just me trying to please everyone here at home. Although I haven't worn dresses for many years I can look good in them. I have two grown daughters (36&32) who are both very petite & beautiful who keep wanting to take me shopping for cocktail dresses and I have Anne who is totally different from me, she is very quiet & shy and doesn't like fuss, where as I'm very extrovert and up for anything but she who would have heart failure if she saw me in a tux. So decision has been made for all 4 of us to go shopping and try all sorts of clothes on.

Wish me luck

Vicci

Hi all,

cheers,

Paddy Anne

We sailed the Dawn in 2007. We loved it. We're thinking of sailing her again, soon. Overall, she's the favorite NCL ship among those who primarily sail NCL.

Hi all

Shopping trip went well, (so much for not wanting to spend a fortune). But if cruising is as good as you all say it is I suppose I'll never have to go shopping again. All thats left is for me to pack!!!!

Packing is almost as fun as cruising ;)

Hi Dawn

We're sailing on the Jewel of the Sea from England on the 17th May to Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn and Oslo. Did you go on any of the ships tours or did you sight see alone? We have only booked a tour for St. Petersburg and not sure about the other ports. Was your Baltic cruise on a straight cruise or gay cruise?

Thanks for the advice on the attire for the formal nights.

Vicci

Hi Vicci - Out of what you've listed, we stopped in Copenhagen, Helsinki, St. Petersburg and Tallin. We did ships tours in all but St. Pete...it was just easier for us to have it all planned out and paid for ahead like that. We did walking tours in Copen. and Tallin and we went on a tour that took us by boat around Helsinki, then by bus to the church in the rock and then to the outdoor museum. We felt we picked the right tour for each and really ejoyed ourselves. I did a TON of reading on the Europe board here on CC and asked many questions over there.

This was just a regular cruise....not gay.

You are going to have a great time!

Dawn

Hi Vicci - Out of what you've listed, we stopped in Copenhagen, Helsinki, St. Petersburg and Tallin. We did ships tours in all but St. Pete...it was just easier for us to have it all planned out and paid for ahead like that. We did walking tours in Copen. and Tallin and we went on a tour that took us by boat around Helsinki, then by bus to the church in the rock and then to the outdoor museum. We felt we picked the right tour for each and really ejoyed ourselves. I did a TON of reading on the Europe board here on CC and asked many questions over there.

This was just a regular cruise....not gay.

You are going to have a great time!

Dawn

Hi Dawn

Thanks for the reply, Some days I feel like I'm 16 again I'm getting so excited about this cruise! Other days I'm a nervous wreck because it's our first cruise and I don't want anything to spoil it. So much has happened over the last year that I'm more than ready for us to have a great time.

Where are you guys from?

Vicci