Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

You will love it. Neat idea to rent an apartment. The guide books warn a lot about pick pocketing but we did not have any problems. I think a couple of people on the ship had a purse/wallet stolen but if you are aware you shouldn't have any problems. Have you started a roll call? We booked all of our shore excursions through the ship and if we could do it over would hae joined the cruise critic roll call and booked a few private ones. The ones through the ship were great but something smaller would have been nice.

We are on a huge roll call and everyone is so nice. We have have joined three shore excursions, a ghost walk in Venice and transfers from Rome to the port. We even have a cabin crawl scheduled and some other activities! I have heard of the pick pockets so we will take precautions!

I cant wait!!

Thank you!

We just got our travel documents TODAY!!

Dana

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I haven't been on in a few months. Wife & I purchased our first new home we closed last month on the 21st and moved in on the 26th. Been very busy getting stuff situated before we go on our cruise in 15 days :D

Dana, Congrats! You will enjoy the Majesty. We were on it for my big 30 a few years ago. Since then it was refurbished so I'm sure it is better now then it was when we sailed. Have fun!

Happy Sailings to all!

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I haven't been on in a few months. Wife & I purchased our first new home we closed last month on the 21st and moved in on the 26th. Been very busy getting stuff situated before we go on our cruise in 15 days :D

Dana, Congrats! You will enjoy the Majesty. We were on it for my big 30 a few years ago. Since then it was refurbished so I'm sure it is better now then it was when we sailed. Have fun!

Happy Sailings to all!

Hi all

Just about ready to leave for the drive down to Harwich before we set sail on Sunday.

So thought I'd pop in and say hi. Only 2 more sleeps before we go, everything packed and ready to be put straight into the car, although I wish it wasn't because now I have free time on my hands and I'm getting impatient and so excited that I'm beginning to drive Anne crazy.

Congratulations on your new home, and Dana congratulations on your degree.

Happy sailing everyone will post when we get back.

Vicci & Anne

Hello Cruisers,

We are a retired Lesbian couple and we will be taking the Nov. 29 TransAtlantic cruise from Barcelona to Galveston. There will be a number of our friends on board, both Gay guys and Gay-friendly straight couples whom we met on the 46 day cruise Around The Horn in Jan-Feb 2009 on Mariner of the Seas. This is a friendly, fun group and we are hoping that more Gay and Lesbian cruisers who read this post will feel free to come up and meet our group and join in. Look for notices about FOD meetings, or contact us personally at cannellane@yahoo.com.

Mary Lane & Elaine Cannell :)

My partner and I have been on 4 R family cruises and 1 Olivia cruise. We are scheduled to go on the Avalon Scenery Provence to Paris cruise in 2010. I'm a fan of both charter companies and they have a lot to offer. When we had younger kids, R family was the way to go. Last year, we went by ourselves and had a blast but it was odd to be around all the kids. In March, we went on Olivia, no kids.........and we felt like we were missing something. We had a harder time meeting people on the Olivia cruise but I'm sure it was our fault because we tried to compare/contrast the cruises and there was no comparison. I would highly recommend an R family cruise for families. They usually charter the NCL ships. This year to Alaska. It feels wierd that we aren't going this year but we've said that if they still exist when we have grandchildren, we'll be back. they do a great job for the kids. Now that we are over the hump, we are going to try Olivia next summer (wish it could be sooner).

hello fellow rfamily cruiser!! I too agree that rfamily is great for families. our daughter is 13 and this summers Alaska cruise will be our second and last. It is just getting too expensive for us to do charters anymore. I do agree that you get what you pay for however it's the paying part that is the issue!

Cheers!!

hello fellow rfamily cruiser!! I too agree that rfamily is great for families. our daughter is 13 and this summers Alaska cruise will be our second and last. It is just getting too expensive for us to do charters anymore. I do agree that you get what you pay for however it's the paying part that is the issue!

Cheers!!

I agree. As I've said before-I'd rather take two cruises a year than one cruise every two years :)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome TammieLand !

Longtime Lesbian here, too; counting the days til our third cruise.

First was on 2005 and I was hooked instantly.

Enjoy !!!

Oh my writing this the day b4 you leave. You packed yet ? LOL

Yes, post your travels here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We had a great time, but can honestly say we were the only Lesbian couple on the ship, left loads of message for meets but never any replies!!!!

Will try to write up about it but this laptop is no good so will buy a new one in a couple of weeks when we get back from a tour of England and Scotland.

Speak soon

Vicci & Anne

Hi everyone!

Big news for us...we just moved from Idaho to Florida! We're in Holiday, north of Clearwater. We're now less than an hour from the Tampa cruise terminal and only about a 4 hour drive over to Ft. Lauderdale, so we can now do alot of cruising without the hassle and additional expense of flying. I'm very excited. We're considering a 10 day RCL cruise out of Tampa on 12/7/09 (cheaper than the 9 day that goes out over Christmas).

Anyone else considering that cruise?

It's been fun to read about everyones adventures and to see that this thread is still alive and well. I haven't been on CC since late February, so it was nice to find all of you still out there communicating through this thread and others.

Happy sailing to all!

Vicki

Vicki and Bonnie - FLORIDA!!?? WOW, could you have moved any further away from the PNW? Sorry to hear that, actually, as we had hoped to cruise with you guys again sometime. But if that's what works for you then congrats are in order and Linda and I wish you the best. We're still in Gig Harbor but who knows what the future will bring.

Cheers,

Carol and Linda.

My Partner Linda and I are looking at the Norwegian Epic too. Sadly, we will have to do the Eastern Carribean itinerary as we are booked on the Spirit and already doing the Western Carribean. If anyone is interested in Nov/Dec 2009 Eastern count us in :)

Hi All,

Welcome to Florida Vicki! Hope you'all like it here. We are on the southeast coast, 10 min from Pt Everglades! Once you get past the humidity Florida is a really nice place to live.

We are booked on our first B2B in May of 2010 on the Dream!! We can't wait seems like such a long time to wait. Take care all.

AnitaMarie :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

Welcome to Florida Vicki! Hope you'all like it here. We are on the southeast coast, 10 min from Pt Everglades! Once you get past the humidity Florida is a really nice place to live.

We are booked on our first B2B in May of 2010 on the Dream!! We can't wait seems like such a long time to wait. Take care all.

AnitaMarie :cool:

Getting past the humidity is the problem.:D, which is why I moved from there and will never go back even though I miss my Gators and friends and family.

My Partner Linda and I are looking at the Norwegian Epic too. Sadly, we will have to do the Eastern Carribean itinerary as we are booked on the Spirit and already doing the Western Carribean. If anyone is interested in Nov/Dec 2009 Eastern count us in :)

You're going to love the Spirit!!! She's such a gorgeous ship and so unique with her Asian themes :D. We probably had the best Meet and Greet ever. The officers just fanned out and sat at various tables and chatted with everyone. Very cool.

Was that a CC meet and greet or an FOD? We are going with another lesbian couple (it will be their first cruise) and we are all really looking forward to it. Spending some time in New Orleans before. Can't wait!