Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Was that a CC meet and greet or an FOD? We are going with another lesbian couple (it will be their first cruise) and we are all really looking forward to it. Spending some time in New Orleans before. Can't wait!

Meet and Greet.

Hi All,

Welcome to Florida Vicki! Hope you'all like it here. We are on the southeast coast, 10 min from Pt Everglades! Once you get past the humidity Florida is a really nice place to live.

We are booked on our first B2B in May of 2010 on the Dream!! We can't wait seems like such a long time to wait. Take care all.

AnitaMarie :cool:

we will be able to tell you all about the Dream as we are on the Oct 3rd Med 12 day sailing!!...

First Time Cruisers here from Indianapolis..

We just came across cruise critic and are delighted to see they have a special intrest catagory.

We are going on the RCI Western Caribbean Oct 17,2009 cruise departing from Ft. Lauderdale.

We have checked out the roll call section and have made contact with another lesbian couple that will be on our cruise. How cool is that? Anyone else on this cruise?

We are a long term (26 years) couple who usually vacations in Hawaii every other year but giving up Hawaii this year to try out cruising. We hope we love it might have to do the Hawaii one next year.

Any tips, input or just a nice hello is welcome.

Thanks,

Chris & Linda Indianapolis, IN

Hi from Texas! I'm Mona (from Corpus Christi) and my GF is Nenette (from McAllen). We've had a committed long-distance relationship for 6 years now. Who said long-distance relationships don't work? ;)

Our next cruise is on the Carnival Conquest, Oct. 25th. We signed up with Gayribbean. Is anyone else going??? I started a roll call under "Gay & Lesbian Cruisers" but so far I'm just talking to myself. We know it's mostly a guy thing but there were pictures of a few women on their web site. Or were those just really good Queens :o? No, there really were some women in the pictures....

Anyway, is anyone going on the Conquest for the Halloween cruise??

Mona

Is anyone going on the NCL Spirit on November 8, 2009. My girlfriend and I have booked this all lesbian cruise through Sweet.

we booked the Spirit the week after...11/15. Sweet was too much $$$ We are also booked on the Epic 12/04/10. Anyone care to join us?

We're thinking of doing the Spirit Repo in October 2010. With the military discount, it's coming in at about $1300pp. Not bad for 15 days :). My partner couldn't disembark in Cozumel, on our last Spirit cruise in March, because of back pain. Plus she just loves that ship. Hell, I love that ship too. We had a perfect cabin, in a perfect location and it's still available. I might have to invest in another FCC on our cruise in October :D

• 3 weeks later...

This thread was waayyyyy down the list. Don't want it to get lost. Fair winds and smooth seas to all who are sailing soon.

What does everyone do with their pets when they're off cruising? We got a mini-poodle (I know, I know) a few months ago and he's an absolute velcro dog. What the heck are we going to do with him while we cruise for a week in January. Ideas, anyone.

Carol and Linda.

My partner and I are cruising on Freedom of the Seas on september 13, 2009 and have not seen any postings. Just wanted to see if there were any other lesbians on the cruise. Look forward to seeing if there are any great new friends to meet.

My partner and I are officially booked. Go ahead with all the "lesbians love whale watching" jokes :) We are on the Alaska cruise out of Seattle on May 11th 2010. Anyone else???

My first cruise was on Carnival, and we had no issues, not even real stares or leers which happens on land. On formal night no one blinked an eye when we hit up all the photo booths. We met a few other lesbians on board, but never "hung out" as there was just too much to fill our days and nights with.

The FOD meet ups were a disappointment. I drug my partner out and did a walk by of the meet up location and saw about 2 people in the bar each by themselves. We didn't even go in. I guess I just expected more, as I know there were more gay/lesbians/bi on board.

I have always kept a look out for the lesbian cruises, but again, for me the pricing is the bottom line. I'm surrounded on land with my lesbian friends, and am very lucky that way. I am actually lacking straight couples to hang out with, so the cruise was refreshing that we could dine with straight people, obviously different from us, and they never seemed to care.

This thread was waayyyyy down the list. Don't want it to get lost. Fair winds and smooth seas to all who are sailing soon.

What does everyone do with their pets when they're off cruising? We got a mini-poodle (I know, I know) a few months ago and he's an absolute velcro dog. What the heck are we going to do with him while we cruise for a week in January. Ideas, anyone.

Carol and Linda.

Hello there. Well I can't say that I ever cruised before, but I've vacationed a lot and I have a little dog as well. I sometimes have a friend watch him, but mostly I kennel him at a vet's office. I'd check out a some local vets and see if they kennel dogs and how they take care of them. My dog was absolutely spoiled when I was gone. Definitely check that option out. Hope that helps!

- K-Rob

Hello everyone!

Alright, I've read most of these threads for the past hour and even started reading posts from 2007 (I realized the date after 20 minutes of browsing). Anyways, I'm absolutely new to cruising and would like some advice on where to start. Price is somewhat of a concern, but not something that will hold me back. I want to go on a lesbian cruise, or somewhere I can truly be myself. I'm in the military and actually am currently deployed. I met my girlfriend here (crazy I know) and we want to go on a cruise together possibly in Dec? My best friend and her partner may come along as well and we'd all like to feel comfortable where we go. We're all in our mid 20s and want a fun active scene. Any suggestions? The only cruise line I know of is Olivia, but judging by previous threads it seems extremely pricey.

A little about myself: I'm 23, a gemini, athletic, from Syracuse,NY, graduated from FSU in 2008. Ended a 7 year relationship a year ago and am ready to begin a new exciting chapter in my life that involves cruising! I'd love to meet more lesbian couples/friends, as I have very few. Safe travels!

Hello everyone!

Alright, I've read most of these threads for the past hour and even started reading posts from 2007 (I realized the date after 20 minutes of browsing). Anyways, I'm absolutely new to cruising and would like some advice on where to start. Price is somewhat of a concern, but not something that will hold me back. I want to go on a lesbian cruise, or somewhere I can truly be myself. I'm in the military and actually am currently deployed. I met my girlfriend here (crazy I know) and we want to go on a cruise together possibly in Dec? My best friend and her partner may come along as well and we'd all like to feel comfortable where we go. We're all in our mid 20s and want a fun active scene. Any suggestions? The only cruise line I know of is Olivia, but judging by previous threads it seems extremely pricey.

A little about myself: I'm 23, a gemini, athletic, from Syracuse,NY, graduated from FSU in 2008. Ended a 7 year relationship a year ago and am ready to begin a new exciting chapter in my life that involves cruising! I'd love to meet more lesbian couples/friends, as I have very few. Safe travels!

Hey Nole...this Gator will give you some help even though you are a Nole...LOL.

There are two lesbian cruise companies: Olivia and Sweet. I have been on Olivia a bunch of times but never on Sweet. I think you would have a good time on Olivia but it is pricey so I don't go any more. From what I have seen of Sweet they are pricey too. I am sure that part of the reason the prices are so high is that they have to "rent" the whole ship and they have to pay for their entertainers. Olivia seems to be having problems filling their ships so they have cut the prices and offered onboard credit so you might look into that. Even with the cut prices it is more than you would pay for a non-Olivia cruise. But, if you go to Olivia's website and read their forums you will see that a lot of people love to sail with them and think it is worth the additional cost.

There are a few companies that cater to the men but some women go with them and you can check those out too. It definitely would not be the same as going with Olivia or Sweet.

Ask a way if you have more questions.

Hi Everyone,

My partner (Dianne) and I love to cruise. We are going on a Mediterranean cruise next month out of Barcelona on the Voyager of the Seas (9-27) and have just booked a Southern Caribbean on Princess on 4-18-2010. Anyone on these cruises? We seem to always spot other couples onboard cruises but no one seems to want to really talk or hang out. We'd love to meet anyone on our cruises or just talk to women who like to cruise like us. We live in the Seattle area FYI.

Cindy

Edited by cindyseattle

Hello everyone!

If you want to consider a non Lebsian cruise line, NCL offers a 10% military discount.

Hello everyone!

My GF & I are taking our first crusie and decided to go on the Sweet Western Caribbean cruise Nov. 8-15/09. I find that $1099 for a vacation quite resonable. It sounds like it will be amazing, with some really great performers. It will be nice to be on a vacation with only lesbians. Sweet seems like a great company, they offer volunteer excursions at the port destinations (beach clean up, paint a childrens hospital ward etc.) They are committed to the environment and making the world a better place. That cemented the deal for us. We are both 37 and like to laugh and have fun. I can't wait to get the party started. Another great thing is that Sweet is offering a 12 month payment plan, with no interest, hidden fees or costs. We just booked last week, so I imagine there are still spots available. You should check out the site: www.discoversweet.com

I hope you find a cruise and have a blast. If you decide on Sweet, holler back and maybe we can meet up on the boat. Good luck,

Jules

Hello experienced cruisers,

My GF & I will be boarding the NCL Spirit on Nov 8-15, 2009, on the all lesbian cruise with Sweet. This will be our first cruise and needless to say we are stoked!!! I was wondering if any of you cruising veterans have any hints or tips for us on our maiden voyage? As we are cruising virgins, we need as much help as we can get. :) What to pack, what NOT to pack, anything.

Also, anyone else going on this cruise? I see that there are a few people going (judging by a few posts earlier) We are looking to connect with some like minded people before we hit the high seas.

Thanks

Edited by dutchjules

Hi everyone,

I will be attending a conference near Dallas next month and wonder if anyone from there can give me ideas for Friday evening. is it worth going to the gay village. We are in our early 40's...

On another note, Dawn Princess March 2010. Anyone going?

cheers,

Paddy Anne