Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Ok.. this is a very long thread.. lol I will not be able to catch up on all 77 pages.. so i will join from here.. My partner and I are 30 and 29. We live in Maine. and we have decided to cruise twice a year from now on.. We always go on Carnival.. we have a great time and the price is always reasonable. We decided to start taking Cruise Critic Group Cruises on Carnival.. The price cant be beat and because of the group thing we get alot of perks like OBC and only having to pay a $25 deposit.. (beats $250 everytime.. lol) We would always love to start meeting up with other couples one our trips every spring and fall. Feel free to email me at the screen name i use on this board at AOL (dot) com... of course..

AngelsBaby and Paddy Anne...thank you both so much for your feedback...definitely much appreciated! :)

We are so excited about our trip. Still cannot believe we leave in 6 days. So crazy. We're just looking forward to getting away and having some fun. Hoping we can meet up with some other fun folks on the trip.

Have a great day all!!!

sorry it took so long to reply - my computer is down so i'm reading the boards at work (cause I'm what else....bored!)

HAL was terrific in terms of the ship, crew, food, but it was an Olivia cruise so of course they were extraordinarily welcoming. I would cruise with Holland America anytime!

ENJOY

I have to ask, since you have cruised with Olivia....did you think the premium paid for an all woman cruise was worth the extra money?

We are not sure what to expect on a mainstream cruise. I can't imagine it is going to much different than any of the other mainstream vacations we take......like Disney with the kids.

I have to ask, since you have cruised with Olivia....did you think the premium paid for an all woman cruise was worth the extra money?

We are not sure what to expect on a mainstream cruise. I can't imagine it is going to much different than any of the other mainstream vacations we take......like Disney with the kids.

YES YES YES

I've never experienced a problem on vacations land or sea being an out lesbian but the feeling of being on a cruise with all womyn was extraordinarily empowering and most of all fun!

My only problem with Olivia is they never travel during school breaks and since i work in the schools oh well dream of retirement....

this is first cruise my wife and i will be taking alone - usually travel with a group of friends so we'll see if that changes the experience on a mainstream cruise - i truly don't think it will!!

enjoy your cruise!!

My wife and I cruised with Olivia last year on HAL Westerdam it was an awesome experience. We never wanted to leave the love and feeling of that cruise. We are headed to the Western Caribbean with Olivia on HAL Ryndam at the end of Feb and even booked the NCL SUN with Olivia for Oct 30 (prices for SUN cruise much lower than HAL).

I never had an interest to go to Mexico or the Western Caribbean, but the experience of an Olivia Cruise is something we look forward to every chance we can. So we are headed there next month with Olivia.

Ok.. this is a very long thread.. lol I will not be able to catch up on all 77 pages.. so i will join from here.. My partner and I are 30 and 29. We live in Maine. and we have decided to cruise twice a year from now on.. We always go on Carnival.. we have a great time and the price is always reasonable. We decided to start taking Cruise Critic Group Cruises on Carnival.. The price cant be beat and because of the group thing we get alot of perks like OBC and only having to pay a $25 deposit.. (beats $250 everytime.. lol) We would always love to start meeting up with other couples one our trips every spring and fall. Feel free to email me at the screen name i use on this board at AOL (dot) com... of course..

Hi there! My partner and I are also from Maine and are going on our first cruise on 3/6/10 with Carnival on Liberty. Where in Maine are you from? We are in the Bangor area. We have started travelling and are hooked, went to Aruba for our honeymoon and fell in love with the island. I have a feeling we are going to love cruises.

We live in Old Orchard Beach. We havent been to Aruba yet. but there is a fabulous limited itinerary in march of next year that goes to our favorite place (Grand Turk) and aruba and curacao and La Romana, Dominican Republic. So we will get to see it in year. Its an Official cruise critic cruise so we get a great deal. $25 deposit and OBCs. So thats going to be the next one we book. My girlfriend is into weird trees.. so She is dying to go to Aruba for their weird tree. We LOVE cruising.. we are so into it that now we have decided to go twice a year. it means we are always paying on a cruise.. but its worth it..

Our cruise is going to Grand Turk, we have an excursion planned to swim with the stingrays there, cant wait.

Aruba's trees....Divi Divi tree. They are pretty wierd, they all point in the same direction. They make great black and white photos...

you will love grand turk.. what makes it my favorite is that it is in its natural form still. not highly commercialized. very few locals. just nature.. i recommend going out to the lighthouse and then when you are looking at the lighthouse with the water on your back walk down the dirt path to the left that kinda starts to go down hill a bit. the cliffs and water are amazing.. and the pics you will get are awesome. once halfway down, turn around and look back at the lighthouse. awesome pic right there.. lighthouse on left and water on right. trust me you will love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello All

I'm Maggie and my partner of 28yrs is Diane. We are booked on our first Mediterranean cruise on the NCL Jade on Nov 7. If anybody has any advice for the trip I'm open for suggestions.

Hi Maggie,

My partner (of 31 yrs) and I were on a recent Jade 12-night Med. cruise. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them. If you haven't already done so, I'd urge you to post over on the main Roll Call for your cruise and sign up for the Meet and Greet.

Thru the main Roll Call for our cruise we set up several private shore excursions in advance of the cruise with a number of non-gay couples from the U.S. and Canada and we had a great time with all of them.

We also went to the first FOD "meeting" on board and met some of the other gay passengers (most of whom had also signed up on the Roll Call thread as well).

The Jade is a beautiful ship. Have a great cruise!

Having done two Olivia cruises in the 1990s (Caribbean and Alaska) and two very recent "mainstream" cruises (NCL/Westeran Caribbean, and NCL/Mediterranean), my partner and I no longer feel that the huge premium to cruise with Olivia is worth it. Our culture and society have changed so much in the past couple of decades that we personally don't feel the need to stick to Olivia. Nor do we feel any great need for the "lesbian entertainment" on an Olivia cruise, as much as we enjoy it; or, at least, we don't feel the need to be paying such a premium for it.

Our most recent cruise was a 12-nighter on the NCL Jade in the Med last month, and we were totally comfortable on board and treated just fine. We'd hooked up with a number of non-gay American and Canadian couples thru the main Roll Call on CC and booked a number of private shore excursions with them, and they were great folks to travel with. We picked this cruise because of the amazing itinerary, and found ourselves with other like-minded folks eager to see Barcelona, Rome, Athens, Ephesus, Egypt, and Malta. Some were gay, most weren't. No matter.

Olivia is fine if you feel that great need to fork over the tons of extra money, but we no longer do.

I have traveled with my kids and without on NCL, Royal, and Carnival. I have attended FOD's on all of them and have always met many people both straight and queer. Not once have I had any issues.

cheers,

Paddy Anne

Having done two Olivia cruises in the 1990s (Caribbean and Alaska) and two very recent "mainstream" cruises (NCL/Westeran Caribbean, and NCL/Mediterranean), my partner and I no longer feel that the huge premium to cruise with Olivia is worth it. Our culture and society have changed so much in the past couple of decades that we personally don't feel the need to stick to Olivia. Nor do we feel any great need for the "lesbian entertainment" on an Olivia cruise, as much as we enjoy it; or, at least, we don't feel the need to be paying such a premium for it.

Olivia is fine if you feel that great need to fork over the tons of extra money, but we no longer do.

I agree 100% with you Turtles06!

Let me start by saying that I must be honest and tell you that I have never taken an Olivia cruise (and I wanted to really badly for a while)! And while my partner (who is a TA), agreed to spend the extra money and take me, she also showed me that we could have a wonderful time on a "mainstream" cruise and go on two cruises for just about the same price of the Olivia cruise we were saving for!

The first cruise we went on together was the Carnival Valor and WE LOVED IT! We went with a group of about 10 ladies (most of them lesbians) and everyone had a great time. Then we went on a couple of inaugural sailings (Ruby Princess & Celebrity Solstice) and there was no "family" on the ship and we had a great time anyway!

Then last year we booked an 8 day on the Carnival Freedom. We joined the CC Roll Call (best roll call ever) and met a very nice group of people (all "straight" except for one female couple) and we still communicate with them!

When it was time to book our next cruise, my partner said we can do the Olivia thing if I wanted. I decided that we could take the extra money we would use on the Olivia sailing and do something else with it.

We decided on the Emerald Princess this time and the great news is that we are able to take my Mom (age 67) on her first cruise!

I used to think that the only way that a lesbian couple could have a good time on a cruise was to be with other lesbians but I realized that as times have changed, so do people! So instead of using the extra money to be with "like" people, we used it to provide enjoyment to someone who may not get the opportunity otherwise.

Maybe I will have to opportunity to go on an Olivia cruise one day (I would still love to experience it) but for now, it's "mainstream" for us (and Mom) :p!

Happy sailing everyone!

Angel :)

Hi all,

So happy to have found this thread! There is another great one going on the Gay & Lesbian page for my upcoming cruise, and a large number of us are in contact, but it's definitely lacking the ladies.... I'm wondering if there is anyone on here sailing on the Celebrity Equinox 4/19 Transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale??

We are a 30 yr old couple from NYC/San Fran doing our first Transatlantic...

Can't wait for our cruise!

Laura and I love to cruise too. We'd love to know when some of you are getting together for your next cruise.

Actually, we plan far in advance and we too are taking the Jade on the Mediterranean cruise that goes to Egypt on Jan 2, 2011. Wish we all could have gotten together and determined the dates!

I have been on Olivia twice and about 8 regular cruises. Olivia is definitely an experience I treasure. I normallyh go about my life pretty out and don't worry about whether my good friends are straight or gay. But still Olivia was great for me.

EVERYTHING is about being a lesbian. You're surrounded by thousands of lesbians. The dance floor is all lesbians. The entertainers are all lesbian. The entertainers do all the entertainment -- so even when you play bingo, there's a lesbian doing that and because they're comedians, it's very funny as well.

Like I said, my regular life, I don't think much about being a lesbian. But the trip was great!

Now, I could have lived without going on one. I still mainly travel on mainstream cruises but I'm still saving to do another Olivia cruise again.

Jackie

hello all. my partner anige and I(Shelly) are new to cruising. Our first cruise is on April 11 on the AOS with RC. We are excitited but a bit nervous. Not only are we lesbians but there is a huge age gap, iam 28 and she is 55, seems to throw people off a bit. any advice???:confused:

My wife (5 years this year -- thanks Canada), our daughter, my mom, sister-in-law, niece and nephew are going on a Disney cruise this coming winter. We tend to get along with most everyone, and had a nice time on our Royal Carribean cruise a few years ago. I'm wondering if anyone else has done a family disney trip....R Vacations are prohibitedly expensive -- we simply couldn't afford to do one. Curious about the reaction on Disney...however...we have thick skin.

Gayanadian

We are headed to the bahamas for 3 days on NCL Sky April 30-3 May. This will be our first NCL experience, our past cruises have been on Princess. The price for a weekend getaway was too hard to pass up so we booked up today. We are looking forward to trying a new line and a short itinerary. Anyone sail Sky before?

Hello All.

My partner and I have taken 3 cruises together (2 regular, 1 Olivia).

We're off to the Caribbean again on April 11th on the Celebrity Solstice. There are a bunch of guys on our roll call but no women.

We're also planning to take a Crystal cruise to Ireland/Scotland/the UK next July. Has anyone on here ever taken Crystal?