Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Hi there, my partner and I are going on the RCI Splendour of the Seas, July 25 2011 round trip out of Venice. It looks like a great itinerary, and will be my first time on Royal Caribbean. Would be great to have some more family on board! I have two gay friends going and my sister and her husband.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1242675

RCCL Explorer of the Seas June 9, 2011. Let's all go!!!!!!!

AND CONGRATULATIONS LIPZ!

:D... thank you, thank you, thank you...

The planning has been a interesting experience thus far and right now I am just ready to SAIL, just to relieve some stress! lol

By the way, I wish I had heard about your sailing before we booked. RCCL also does same-sex weddings on their ships (Carnival doesn't :() and we live in NYC and could have gotten hitched and then joined ya!!!!

My partner & I started a Lesbian Travel Club, for those of us who want to travel together, in our "family of choice" while paying "mainstream prices"!!

We are in Charlotte,NC, but have members all over the US & Canada!

Our web site is www.thelavenderpassporttravelclub.com.

and you can also join us @ www.meetup.com/the-lavender-passport-travel-club/

We are doing a celebrity constellation cruise in Norway in July,2011, and a NCL Greek Isles cruise out of Venice in Oct 2011.

Happy Travels,Linda & Beth aka The Lavender Passport Travel Club!:)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Imaginecruising,

How was your July 17th cruise? I'd love to hear what your experience was like!

Hi Mithryl!

I am replying from my partner's login. We just booked Carnival Dream 07/09/11 heading to Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan, and Costa Maya. You should come with us! The Dream looks beautiful and there are still really good deals to be found.

Our last trip was WONDERFUL! It actually rained the entire time but we laughed our way around the islands. Most people looked like they were having such a miserable time but we had so much fun.

Puerto Rico was absolutely beautiful. It rained and we did not have a lot of time on the island so we did the bus tour around the island. Puerto Rico has all these hidden gardens around the city that are etherial and look like they are right out of a fantasy novel. We definitely want to go back.

Our excursion in St. Thomas was cancelled because it was raining so hard. We bought ponchos from the ship and trekked around the island. The rain was so hard that the runoff on the streets was almost up to our hips as we crossed (swam across) the street. We took a risk by riding the Sky lift up to "Paradise Point". We got stuck at the top because of the lightning. Our pictures have us looking like drown rats. We had such a good time!

In Antigua, we went on an excursion to Devil's Bridge. It is quite a site to be seen. No rain but it was chilly, if you can believe that. Antigua is very poor and it broke our hearts to see all of the stray and starving dogs wandering the streets. Our bus driver had to turn off the air conditioner to keep from blowing a belt in the engine of the bus. We were worried about breaking down.

In Tortola, we took the ferry over to the Baths National Park at Virgin Gorda. We hiked through the caves and the grottos and swam in the Baths. The boulders are as big as houses. It was absolutely amazing! We highly recommend that excursion!

We also did the Atlantis Aquaventure in the Bahammas. We have been to the Bahammas before to snorkel and we found the snorkling below average so we decided to do the Atlantis thing because we had never been there before. They are cashless at Atlantis so we decided to try to get around that by bringing a Visa gift card that we bought before leaving so that we could use any leftover balance when we came home but we only bought 1 soda and Atlantis put the entire gift card amount ($50) on hold and hold was on the card for almost 2 weeks after we came home. If you go, we recommend buying everything you want for the day in one shot because the entire amount of your card will be on hold and you will not be able to buy anything else.

Despite the rain we had the time of our lives! My partner and I participated in the Arts and Crafts on the ship everyday and we made some really cool things that we got to bring home. My partner enjoyed this so much and it was all free.

We are really looking forward to experiencing the Dream. The virtual tours of this ship make it look really nice. I know you and your partner are not fans of Carnival but we get such great Past Guest benefits and we are so close to our next "level" of benefits that we are probably going to stick with Carnival until we get to the most beneficial level before looking at other cruise lines.

Do you have any cruises booked?

Jenna and Di

We are Robin and Rita, together now for almost 16 years. We are fortunate to live only 30 minutes or so from the cruise terminal in Galveston so have had opportunity to cruise from there several times. In fact, just returned from a 5 day Western Caribbean with our cruising mates Alex and Roger (together 25+ years). We are booked on Oasis of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale April 9, 2011 and so looking forward to the Big O. We are also looking forward to the Dream coming to Galveston. I am semi-retired and can pretty much make my own schedule. Robin teaches nursing at the college level so our cruises will be around her schedule but we definitely want to sail on the Dream to Key West.

Anyone else on Oasis of The Seas April 9, 2011? Hope to see some of you there.

Hey Robin and Rita,

When are you thinking about going on the Dream to Key West? Did you have dates in mind?

Like Robin, I am also a teacher so I have to work around my school schedule too. We pretty much stick to cruising in the summer time because of that. We would love to join other couples who love cruising as much as we do.

Hi Robin and Rita,

We are Linda & Beth, aka Priustoo.

Lived in DFW for 18 years, now in Charlotte,NC.

We are avid cruisers, and actually started a Lesbian Travel Club in order to cruise and vacation together with "family" at mainstream prices!

We have 280 members from all over the US and Canada, and are growing weekly.

We are doing Celebrity Constellation 12 nights July 21, 2011 from Amsterdam up the Fiords, coast of Norway.

Also have a group going to Greek Isles on NCL Jade out of Venice, Oct 1-8, 2011.

We have several teachers in the group, so we always do 1-2 summer trips.

Our website is www.thelavenderpassporttravelclub.com

We run the trips out of a yahoo meetup site, @ www.meetup.com/the-lavender-passport-travel-club/

Once you join the club, you have access to all the information etc

Hope you'll visit us soon!

Linda & Beth

Hey Robin and Rita,

When are you thinking about going on the Dream to Key West? Did you have dates in mind?

Like Robin, I am also a teacher so I have to work around my school schedule too. We pretty much stick to cruising in the summer time because of that. We would love to join other couples who love cruising as much as we do.

We are going to have to get used to new "schedules" as before Robin worked Sat and Sun as Administrator on Call at the local hospital, taught nursing clinicals one day and had the rest of the week off. Now that she will be teaching full time we will also have to schedule around breaks and summer.

I am a Medical Social worker and work part time, most of the time being able to make my own schedule. I have a back up that fills in when I am out of town etc.

Having said all that, we will probably schedule the Dream during Christmas break. We have a standing "date" with friends Alex and Roger to cruise each April but that of course will have to be tweaked to spring break.

So good to get to know you. Will look forward to hearing more about your trips.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My wife, Kathryn, and I were married just two weeks ago and are considering a cruise for a honeymoon in April. Kathryn is a runner and is planning to run the Iron Girl Half Marathon in Clearwater FL on April 10, 2011. Carnival Legend leaves out that afternoon on a nice Western Caribbean itinerary. Has anyone done this particular sailing before or anyone happen to be going on this date?

I've been on three different cruises/lines and enjoyed all three. It will be Kathryn's first cruise and first time anywhere tropical. Growing up near the ocean on Cape Cod, I'm excited for her to experience the clear blue water that isn't freezing cold!

Happy Sailings,

Becky

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! I'm Sherry, well I go by Jo, and my wife is Lis. We are booked on the NCL Sun March 19, 2011. This will be our 2nd cruise. We are addicted. Just wanted to stop in and introduce ourselves. We have been together for 10 years, married for 5. We had a "handfasting" ceremony. Yeah, we couldnt use our hands for 24 hours prior to the ceremony!! Lesbians that cant use they're hands.....hmm! Hahaha, Okay, okay, bad joke...it was a Pagan handfasting ceremony. We liked the concept and the meaning. Neither one of us practice that religion. My dog was my best girl and she carried our rings. I'm a correctional officer and she is nursing school.

Just wanted to introduce ourselves and tell you all this is a cool thing you all have going here.

"

We booked this cruise for our honeymoon, we are going to Iowa to get legally married! We've been together 5 years and really looking forward to getting away from it all. I've never cruised and my partner has 2 other times. I am hoping to run into some "family" while cruising!:)

Hi All,

My partner and I are going on the RCL Allure of the Sea on May 8. We are taking our 23 year old son.

We have taken 5 Oliva Cruises, 1 NCL with Rosie and 2 HAL. We love this for vacation, but the cost of Oliva is causing us to relook at the "straight" cruises to save money. We love the Family with Oliva, but just can't manage the costs.

We live in Asheville, NC and would love to connect with others in the area.

Liz and Annette and Alex

Hi All,

My partner and I are going on the RCL Allure of the Sea on May 8. We are taking our 23 year old son.

We have taken 5 Oliva Cruises, 1 NCL with Rosie and 2 HAL. We love this for vacation, but the cost of Oliva is causing us to relook at the "straight" cruises to save money. We love the Family with Oliva, but just can't manage the costs.

Liz and Annette and Alex

Welcome to this thread! I found the same thing regarding the Olivia prices...love the experience, but I can get two regular cruises for the price of one Olivia cruise...so that's what we've been doing for several years now. We have always been treated with respect and have met lots of great people on our "straight" cruises. We still keep in touch with some of them.

Glad you joined us!

My wife and our 6 year old,and myself will be on the Carnival Spirit Oct,21,2011. We have cruised about twice a year.The nice thing about this one is its a 9 day cruise. We were one of the 18000 that were married in Calf before they shut it down. We are still legally married. We went on our honeymoon on the Pride 3 years ago come Oct. We always go to the FOD meetings and only have met the men..I guess not very many lesbians on Carnival.

I would actually like to try Olivia Cruises at least once in my lifetime. It would be a stretch to my budget for sure but I am aiming for within the next few years. I just haven't seen an itinerary that suits my scheduled yet. My fiance's vacation time if more flexible than mine.

. We always go to the FOD meetings and only have met the men..I guess not very many lesbians on Carnival.

We (my faince and I) tried to attend FOD on Royal Caribbean back in 09' and didn't see anyone. Now it doesn't mean there wasn't anyone else there for it, but we didn't just want to walk up to someone and say "hey, are you gay??" lol No one was wearing a sign!

On our first cruise in 04' we didn't know about FOD at all.

How did you know who was there for FOD and who was not?

We are actually getting married, not legally of course, on the Norwegian Jewel in 4 months. We'll legally wed in CT afterwards.

Hi All,

Liz and Annette and Alex

Hey Liz and Annette!!

Me and my girlfriend Heather live just outside of Wilmington! We love Asheville and my girlfriends sister lives there!