Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Wow you have never heard of an Olivia Cruise? Picture a cruise ship filled with 1300 lesbians! Judy the Founder books a full ship and resells it to lesbians.

At a huge premium over what you'd pay for the cruise without Olivia. For some folks, definitely worth it. For others, not needed any longer with the sea change (no pun intended) in our culture. And for many, simply not affordable.

Edited by Turtles06

Has anyone done the gay group cruises with Pied Piper? It seems like a reasonable alternative to gay charters like Olivia, and the one I just booked (Panama Canal, October 2012) was a couple hundred cheaper than offered on the cruiseline or anywhere else online.

I'd also love to hear from women who have sailed with Pied Piper. My partner and I will be doing our first PP cruise in April, a TA aboard the Eclipse. We are a bit leery of "traditional" dining, so this seemed a good way to go. We're super excited about the trip, and there's a great Roll Call going on the Celebrity board, but so far I'm "it" on the G&L Roll Call....

Please let me know about the Pied Piper experience after you return. That will still give me 6 months to prepare myself.

Will do.

I am envious about your Canal cruise. I'd like to experience a full transit of the Canal, but my partner has no interest in it, at least not now.

It is a 15 day cruise - what's not interesting about that? I'm really looking forward to it. South America is also on my bucket list. Maybe in a few years.

What isn't of particular interest to her is going thru the Canal; that's the part I find fascinating. In her defense, we just recently returned from China, a trip that included five days on the Yangtze, during which we went through the locks at the Three Gorges Dam. (In pouring rain, in the middle of the night. It was a great experience.) I think she might be on lock overload at the moment. :)

• 1 month later...
So glad I found this thread--I had no idea it existed! My fiancee and I are super excited about our next cruise, because we are getting married aboard the Carnival Pride in front of all our family and friends and then setting sail (with said family and friends) for the Bahamas!

Congrats! When does your cruise leave? My wife and I are sailing on the Pride leaving 1/8/2012. Haven't found any other "family" yet :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I and our son are cruising on the Carnival Dream Jan. 28, 2012. I have been on cruises before but it is a first for both of them. I joined the FOD group and was hoping to find out if there was any meeting on our cruise. We would also love to know if there are any other lesbian couples on this cruise. :)

My wife and I cruise every august with our 3 kids. This year we managed to get two other lesbian couples to join us and this is their first time cruising. Is there anyone who is cruising Conquest 8/19/12 out of New Orleans

I would LOVE to do something like that annually. During our wedding cruise last July we had one lesbian couple join us along with their 4 kids. We also had other family and friends with us too. It was their very first cruise and now they are joining us again but with other family & friends. There are 27 of us thus far.

We live in NYC and have cruised out of our home port 2x thus far. Our first 2 cruises were out of Miami though. How far in advance do you book your August cruise?!? Maybe we can join next year! :D

By the way I see you did Carnival Miracle last August. We are doing it this August. I'd love to hear about your port experiences.

Hi there! My wife Shell and I just went on our first cruise last Feb. and we loved it! It was a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas. We are going on our second at the end of Feb. This time we are taking Norwegian. Last time we went with two of our guy friends, and we met another couple on board at the friends of Dorothy meet up. We have kept in touch with them and hope to cruise again together in the future. Shell and I would like to meet others to cruise with too. We we like to try an Olivia cruise someday, but are just fine with the regular cruise lines as well. Right now we tend to choose the most inexpensive cruise, since there is only one of us working. I hope you have fun on your cruise in Feb. and I would love to get to know you both.

Tracey

:) Hello everyone!

This is my first post on here. My fiance and I are going to be going on our first cruise together on Nov. 23, 2013 on the NCL Epic. I have been on cruise before but it has been 10 years. This will be Beth's first time. She is a little nervous about getting sick but I've assured her that this ship is so large she shouldn't have much problems. :p

I know our cruise is almost two years away but we wanted to start seeing if there would be any other lesbian couples going.

Also, does anyone know if they do any LGBT friendly activities on board the NCL Epic?

Thank you and I look forward to reading everyone's post and updates!

Camellia

You both look so beautiful Lipz!!

Thank you!

We actually got married on the ship you are about to sail on; the Norwegian Jewel. We not only had a great wedding but a funfilled week on the Jewel. Hope you enjoy her as much as we did.

:D Hi! :D

I love this thread! I look forward to posting on here and getting to know some fellow CCL's! (Cruise Critic Lesbians.. not to be confused with Carnival Cruise Lines! :p )

My partner and I are booked on the April 13th sailing in 2013 on the new Carnival Breeze! I have sailed before but she has never been on a cruise. I hope that she loooooves it, because I absolutely enjoy cruising!! :D I just have to win the lotto or something so that we can do it more often! HA! :eek: :cool:

Hi All,

Next year will be our 20th anniversary and we are thinking about booking the 40th anniversary cruise on Olivia. It sounds like great entertainment and although more expensive, a great way to celebrate. We are 51 and 55 and live in Ontario, Canada. We have been on 7 cruises so far, all on Carnival. We'd love to hear others experiences on the Olivia cruises. Lesley