The "LITE" Pledge..Starting 1-11-07 to 4-5-07

Belle

I'm new to this board but I will definitely opt in. I would love to lose 15 pounds in the next 12 weeks. I'm a yo-yo dieter and an emotional eater and I guess I've had a bad few months and gained 6 pounds. My official weigh in for this week is 169.8.

First obstacle to overcome is a groin pull caused by doing a split on an icy sidewalk on Thursday. Today will be the first day since then that I'm going to attempt my walking routine. I'm really impressed that I was still able to do a split and that I managed not to land on my knees, wrists (already broken once in a slip on the ice) or hips.:)

Diane

Monday is official weigh-in day for me, and I'm down 0.6 pounds, not at much as I would like, but still going in the right direction!

Aren't those plateaus frustrating Karen? Keep focussed on your goal, and you'll start dropping again soon...

Welcome Diane, and good luck to you in reaching your goal -- 15 pounds in 12 weeks sounds like a reasonable and healthy weight loss.

Have a great week everyone!

Bonnie

Am I alone now in trying to reach this goal??

Okay, well, in case some of you are out there lurking, I'll keep it going for now, although not on a very positive note.

Big fat zero this week, nothing lost, but nothing gained. I'll have to try harder this week, and continue to make changes in the way I eat in order to kick-start the loss again. Wish me luck!

Bonnie

As of today I am down 15 pounds...........2 pounds since my last post. Things are definitely slowing down..........and I am leaving tomorrow for a 5 days visit with cousins. It will be hard to maintain my eating plan. I have about 7 weeks left to lost my last 8 pounds........hopefully I can do it.........but those last pounds come off sooooo slowly.

Congratulations to those of you who continue to lose and those who continue to TRY!

Nice to hear from you! Those last 5 - 10 pounds really are the hardest aren't they? I am a firm believer that we can do just about anything we put our minds to, as long as we want it enough. My biggest problem is saying I want to lose weight, but not fully committing to it. I'm trying to change that this time.

Good luck ladies!

Bonnie

• 2 weeks later...

It has been two weeks since I reported last on this thread, so my loss for the last two weeks was 2.2 lbs. That brings my personal total to 7.4 lbs. Not as much as I had hoped by now, and it leaves 7.6 pounds to go to my personal goal. I'm not likely to meet my pledge at this rate, but I am going to keep it up and get as close as I can to it!

Keep it up everyone... to quote KweenKaren, WE CAN DO IT!

Bonnie

So today is Thursday....several people seem to weigh in on Thursdays. I finally broke my plateau and as of this morning have lost 17.5 pounds....that leaves me with 5 to go! I have 5 weeks until I leave for Florida....and then another week before my cruise (though I likely won't be losing while in florida playing!) With Easter and a daughter's birthday in there.....I know those 5 pounds are going to be tough.....the last ones always are! But....hooray for all of us!!

Weird things happening with this thread. I can't see the last post so I thought I would trying posting. Maybe I'll be able to see it then...lol

As of today, I have 3lbs to lose to reach my goal. Hope I can do it by April 5th!

I think everyone abandoned this thread for the other one. I just wasn't ready to pledge 20lbs. After April 5th I'll decide what my next goal will be.

This date is fast approaching for those of you still doing this pledge. As of today, I have 2lbs to go! Whether I make it or not, I'm just so thankful to have made it as far as I have!

You're doing great! I'm sure you'll make those two lbs!!

I pledged 10 lbs and have lost 7.5 so far. Hopefully, I'll make the goal, but if not, I'll be happy with what I've lost. :D

Another week had flown by..........and I am down a little more....total loss is 19 pounds........that leaves me 3 pounds to my goal and I have 4 weeks. Those last stubborn pounds though....not sure....but happy to be this far!

Congrats to all you other LOSERS!

I am still working toward my pledge and am now within 1.5 pounds. I have lost 21.5!! I think this weight loss and exercise pays off in more than one way. Yesterday I had my yearly physical. I have never had a blood pressure problem but it was still down. Yesterday it was

108 over 66 and they said that was VERY good! My bone density is also holding its own.....and weight bearing exercise is important for that. YEA!!

Archived