Don't Forget the T-Pool

sptrout

If you have an upcoming Oceania cruise planned do not forget about the Thelassotherapy Pool (T-Pool). During our 1/2/07 cruise, we purchased a T-Pool pass for the entire cruise and we seldom had anyone else in the pool with us which leads me to believe that many passengers did not know either it existed, or was available for non-spa use.

Just incase you are not familiar with the T-Pool, it is a large whirlpool located outside on Deck 9 all the way forward. It is only accessible by going through the changing rooms in the Spa. The pool is shown on the Deck Plan, but is very hard to find, or even see, unless you are specifically looking for it. The T-Pool, according to Oceania, is filled with “vitamin-enriched seawater” and is heated to just below body temperature. The pool is considerably larger than the standard hot tubs near the main swimming pool with much more powerful jets. (Those of your that are familiar with Celebrity’s T-Pools will find Oceania’s similar in size to the T-Pools on the C-class ships, but with slightly less powerful jets.) Note that the water in the T-Pool WILL fade your swimsuit so bring one that you can sacrifice (I just threw mine away at the end of the cruise).

Use of the T-Pool is included in the price of many of the Spa services, but is available for purchase separately. The prices are $18 for a day pass, $119 for a 10-day cruise pass, or $199 for a couples 10-day pass (which we purchased). The “couples price” is not advertised so be sure to ask about it if it is not mentioned by the staff.

We used the T-Pool nearly everyday and had it to ourselves nearly every time. We never had more than one other person in the pool with us during the entire ten days, which is why I think the T-Pool is not well known. In addition to the pool, there are several lounge chairs available nearby so you can catch some sun in peace and quite.

I mentioned in another post that we also rented a Cabana, which was located directly above the T-Pool so we frequently went back and forth between the two. What a way to spend the day!

The t-pool was ok but I only used it one time and it was a rough day. I preferred the steam room, which was also underused. It is free. Anyone can use it with no fee. And then the hot tubs were free and also underused.

I swam in the pool often and it was empty or maybe one or two people would be in it. I guess Oceania cruisers are not that into using these things.

I had a great time on Regatta and was happy that no one used these things!

sptrout -

Thanks a lot for the valuable (to us) T-Pool info.

I have printed your post and added it to our file for our November trans-Atlantic cruise. Do you mean the pool you can barely see from the Horizon lounge?

We'll skip the cabanas and enjoy our spacious balcony, see pic.

Balcony1.jpg.d7f8cdcd707b78f1901821d5d646e91d.jpg

sptrout -

Thanks a lot for the valuable (to us) T-Pool info.

I have printed your post and added it to our file for our November trans-Atlantic cruise. Do you mean the pool you can barely see from the Horizon lounge?

We'll skip the cabanas and enjoy our spacious balcony, see pic.

That balcony looks like 6090 or 6093..

Jan

Do you mean the pool you can barely see from the Horizon lounge?

I think you can only see a very small part of the T-Pool area from the Horizon, probably not enough to really know what it is. I really cannot remember for sure. You can see part of the T-Pool area from the front of the Fitness Center. The ship designers did a good job of hiding it!

Archived