Pictures on the Oosterdam

penny49

I know that in our previous cruises on HAL they posted pictures daily for purchase....is this still the case...our neighbors went on the New Years cruise and told me that the pictures were only available on the last two days of the cruise.:confused: ..they were seasick due to the high seas on that trip and didn't get to buy any....also do they still have the different backdrops for the formal nights...the pictures were one of the best parts of our cruises and great for that scrapbook. And what other time are we going to be so dressed up for a nice picture....we sail on Saturday....6days to go..

:) :) :)

...our neighbors went on the New Years cruise and told me that the pictures were only available on the last two days of the cruise.

Not on any HAL ship I've been on!! There will be pictures for sale every evening starting (about) 7:00p on embarkation day. They will be displayed for purchase earlier in the day on sea days. See your daily program for Photo Gallery times.

...also do they still have the different backdrops for the formal nights...
Yes.

If you want/are looking for pics on the Oosterdam, the photographer's staff will be more than happy to accomodate you! Embarkation, Mustard drill;) , Captain's welcome aboard handshake, two additional "formal" shots that night with different backgrounds (Vista Lounge back stairwell & flower arrangement), dinner pics (solo and as a couple, one of them with a "wanted $1,000,000 reward" background), all three ports of call/gangway (dolphin, Mexican bandito, sailor, Yum Yum Man), 2nd formal night table group (plus three different background including the infamous Titanic "staircase"). They also have several "stock" pics for sale of Oosterdam herself, her lounges and public areas, her ports of call, etc. Prices are not cheap so be forewarned!

Something new we saw on this cruise on Oosterdam was a room right behind the Explorer's Lounge (in between it and the Vista dining room) with a large white background for staged shots. Lots of families had their pics taken there.

The photo gallery is open all days beginning with embarkation day from 5:00-11:00 PM, 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM on sea days and 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM on port days.

Archived