Do I Dare Take a Cruise on Carnival Fantasy?

Perhaps you'll find some photos by browsing on Webshots or Flickr. I can find photos of just about anything on Flickr and Webshots has so many cruise photos.

I sailed the Fantasy, but so long ago (exactly 4 yrs. ago)that it wouldn't be fair to comment. I think it's great that she has recently come out of drydock, she should be spruced up and fresh!

Enjoy yourselves!

Rose

We found the Fantasy to be well maintained and a fun ship to be on. Food is subjective as what is great for one would be considered slop to another. The formal night is on the second day. You will get a mix of people dressing up and others who dont. Remember a 4 day cruise will get a different type crowd than a 5 day or 7 day cruise. We actually had better sail away parties on NCL than Carnival.

Here is a photo of the atrium at night. A cruise is what you make of it. If you dwell on what you perceive to be all negatives, then you are not going to enjoy yourself.

Dave (Back on the Fantasy in two days for the third time)

atrium.jpg.c06d93f116947af221b2550c4d26f65c.jpg

I don't have a personal experience but my best friend and her dh are what I consider "cruise snobs". Until last year they would only do Celebrity. Last year they tried the Star Princess and labled it ok. This year they wanted a short getaway like the op and she was able to talk him into a short cruise on the Fantasy last month. They said that they were pleasantly surprised and had a really good time w/no complaints. Knowing her husband, this is a minor miracle. Give it a try, you might be surpirsed too.

Archived