Cost of internet service on board

spongerob

How much does NCL charge passengers for internet connection time? Is wireless access available, and if so, is there a difference in price? Any "perks" for free usage based on number of cruises, etc.?

I tried searching for the answer but keep getting the WSOD.

TIA,

Last month I bought the plan with 250 minutes for $103.00. This was the largest plan that the Jewel offered. I received 20 free minutes because I was a Latitudes member. Two smaller plans are available. It doesn't matter if you're wireless, in your cabin on a ethernet cable, or at the Internet cafe on a NCL desktop. It's all the same pricing. Wireless only works in certain public areas...not the cabin...or at least not mine!

Steve

$0.75 per minute

Time Package Plan:

250 minutes for $100 ($0.40 per minute)

100 minutes for $55 ($0.55 per minute)

Pay as you go $0.75 per minute

As noted 10% bonus for Latitudes members

Also bonus minutes for signing up for a plan day one.

Somehow I was under the assumption that wireless would work in the cabins on the Pearl. :confused:

If I was to split the larger plan with a friend, does anyone know what would what would happen if we both tried to go online at the same time?

Somehow I was under the assumption that wireless would work in the cabins on the Pearl. :confused:

If I was to split the larger plan with a friend, does anyone know what would what would happen if we both tried to go online at the same time?

I would think the second one on would be blocked. Never tried it but your login is a combination of your cabin # and you need to login in everytime you connect. If it did let you both in you would just eat minutes twice as fast.

Sorry for the double post. Is anyone else waiting forever for the blank screen to move on when sending a message?

Sharing was just a thought I had since neither of us used up our time last cruise and it's cheaper for the 250 minutes.

Definetly will not let you both online. I tried getting on one morning with my laptop not knowing that my daughter was in the internet cafe already online. I kept getting an error message. Didn't figure it out until I saw her an hour later!:mad:

Steve

On the Majesty they told me I had to sign up to either use my laptop or to use a computer in the internet cafe but couldn't have it both ways. Can't tell you how many times that we had to go back to our cabin to get the laptop and bring it to the proper deck for the wireless to work so we could check email after lunch or dinner. :mad:

Maybe I will still sign up for the $100 plan and if one of us is on the other will need to wait. We are only a few cabins away from each other and will just be downloading my email. :D

On the Majesty they told me I had to sign up to either use my laptop or to use a computer in the internet cafe but couldn't have it both ways. Can't tell you how many times that we had to go back to our cabin to get the laptop and bring it to the proper deck for the wireless to work so we could check email after lunch or dinner. :mad:

Maybe I will still sign up for the $100 plan and if one of us is on the other will need to wait. We are only a few cabins away from each other and will just be downloading my email. :D

I didn't realize you had to pick one way or the other. I'm taking my laptop on the Dream this weekend, and I had planned to use the cafe computer to print boarding passes for our flight home. I wonder if I can send them to print from my laptop? Anyone?

I bought the 1 hour package. B/c I booked on sailaway day at a certain time, I got 20 minutes free. Then I got 20 more minutes as a latitudes member. Finally, someone in my CC group managed to get coupons for many of us for 20 more minutes free if we bought a package. They were happy to add it on when I presented my coupon.

So although I paid for 1 hour & got 2 & used all but the last 2 minutes.

The connections are horribly slow. Bring a lot of patience!

Not sure about printing but for what airline?

It's for Continental. You can check in and print your boarding pass 24 hours before your flight. I'm doing it from home before I leave, but I need to be able to print from the ship also. I'm so bad with computers. I guess I can get the Internet manager to figure it out for me. :o

I'd give them a call. I know Southwest will print it for you when you arrive at the airport with the same number as when you checked in online. We found this out accidently when only one boarding pass printed one time.

I'd give them a call. I know Southwest will print it for you when you arrive at the airport with the same number as when you checked in online. We found this out accidently when only one boarding pass printed one time.

Thanks for the tip. I was hoping to bypass this step at the airport but we'll see how it goes. :)

I didn't realize you had to pick one way or the other. I'm taking my laptop on the Dream this weekend, and I had planned to use the cafe computer to print boarding passes for our flight home. I wonder if I can send them to print from my laptop? Anyone?

I don't know about the Dream, but in October, 2005 we wanted something printed on the Dawn and they told us they couldn't do that. In December 2006, there was a printer in the Internet Cafe. I believe they charged 75¢ per page. I'm sure someone who has recently been on the Dream might be able to tell you if they have one, but I would have an alternate plan just in case.

We did find an Internet Cafe in Cozumel that was only about 30¢ per page for printing.

Jackie

Thanks, Angel. I wanted to check in with the airline (online) before we left the ship, and I wanted to go ahead and print the boarding passes. I need to check and see if I can do one without the other. I love the idea of using an internet cafe in one of the ports but you can only check in 24 hours before the flight, and we'll be at sea during that time coming back to Houston.

Thanks for all the tips and info. :)

Thanks, Angel. I wanted to check in with the airline (online) before we left the ship, and I wanted to go ahead and print the boarding passes. I need to check and see if I can do one without the other. I love the idea of using an internet cafe in one of the ports but you can only check in 24 hours before the flight, and we'll be at sea during that time coming back to Houston.

Thanks for all the tips and info. :)

Your very welcome. Have a great time on the Dream. I'm sure you'll get them printed out one way or another.

Jackie

Jumpin' Catfish !!! $ .75 a minute!!! There isn't a website in the world worth looking at for that much money. I'm so looking forward to being away from computers, internet, and cell phone on my cruise. I've already told my family that unless someone dies or my house burns down, don't try to contact me. If someone dies, they need to keep the body cool, because I'm not flying home early. They aren't coming back to life or getting any deader, but I will be missing my vacation.

Jumpin' Catfish !!! $ .75 a minute!!! There isn't a website in the world worth looking at for that much money. I'm so looking forward to being away from computers, internet, and cell phone on my cruise. I've already told my family that unless someone dies or my house burns down, don't try to contact me. If someone dies, they need to keep the body cool, because I'm not flying home early. They aren't coming back to life or getting any deader, but I will be missing my vacation.

It's cheaper when you buy a block of minutes. I am cruising without my kids this time so I'll use it to email them each day. It's much cheaper than trying to call home. :)

Archived