Confused about dining

TravelingSmurf

My husband and I are looking to book a cruise for March. It is between NCL (Star) and Carnival (Spirit). We have done Carnival twice before so we are interested in trying something new. But I am a bit confused about dining on NCL. Do you make reservations for the non-specialty restaurants, or just show up? If you just show up, and it is prime time, how long do you have to typically wait? There is only 2 of us, does that make a difference? I have read some negative things about long lines so I was wondering how much of a problem it really is.

Thanks for the help,

Cari

No reservations are needed for the non-specialty restaurants. You just show up. A table of 2 should not have much of a wait. On my last NCL cruise (Spirit in June) I think the longest we (just my wife and I) had to wait for a table was 15 minutes and that was on "lobster night" in the dining room. On that night they gave us a vibrating pager that went off when our table was ready. Larger parties usually have a longer wait but a party of 2 should have no problems getting right in most nights.

We are a party of 4 and ate in the two main dinning rooms 11 out of 12 nights. We never had to wait more than 3 or 4 minutes to be seated and most nights were seated right away. We ate anywhere from 6 - 7:30, later might have been busier.

I can only speak for the Spirit recently. We were a party of three, we typically ate immediately after the 7:30 show (so about 8:30). We were always seated right away . . . the longest wait was for us to sanitize our hands:)

Blue Lagoon (salad or wings or fish and chips) in the late afternoon was all it took to okeep us fueled up until the late dinner.

Archived