Upgrade to mini suite...help!

JERSYGRL111

Hi guys...i've searched and read alot of posts regarding upgrades and understand I probably have no shot...anyway I've booked a balcony on the 10th deck of the Spirit for March 10, 2007...my question is this...I'm considering upgrading to a mini suite...is this possible? it is my first cruise my bf's 3rd but i would like to surprise him with a mini suite...is this a good idea? Should I call NCL directly and see what they say/do? Let me know if any of you have advice or did something similar...thanks in advance!

You can certainly call NCL (if you booked with a travel agent then they need to call for you) and see how much it would be to upgrade to a mini. You can go online and see if there are mini's available for your date before you make the call:

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. :)

Been on the Spririt twice, and to the best of my knowledge, there are NO mini-suites on the Spirit.....

Great ship, though!!

It looks like you're right. The next step up from a Balcony is an AD Penthouse, and I'm assuming the price jump would be pretty big. :)

It looks like you're right. The next step up from a Balcony is an AD Penthouse, and I'm assuming the price jump would be pretty big. :)

Probably so but you could ask your agent to call the Reassignment Desk also know as the Upsell desk and at least ask if they have anything and how much or at least that you would be interested in an upsell.

Probably so but you could ask your agent to call the Reassignment Desk also know as the Upsell desk and at least ask if they have anything and how much or at least that you would be interested in an upsell.

I thought the upsell desk was in "Don't call us, we'll call you" mode. Could be wrong, though.:)

I thought the upsell desk was in "Don't call us, we'll call you" mode. Could be wrong, though.:)

Some people on here have said that, maybe they call too much. LOL but I have not found that to be the case. Having agent ask or let them know you are interested in an upsale has been fine, just not constant pestering.

Some people on here have said that, maybe they call too much. LOL but I have not found that to be the case. Having agent ask or let them know you are interested in an upsale has been fine, just not constant pestering.

Gotcha. ;) It sounds like the OP could definitely inquire about any open penthouses or above. I know when we booked our Sun cruise, we called just a few weeks from sailing and got a great deal. We had called to book a mini-suite and were offered an AD at a great price. I guess closer to sailing they're more willing to bargain? Who knows how it works for sure. :)

Archived