Noordam aft cabin question

oh2gocruisin

We are booked on the Noordam to Alaska in VA8134. I was excited about getting an aft cabin but am now having second thoughts. I saw some pictures of an aft cabin on the Noordam, though it was a different deck, and it looked like the partition between the rooms comes up pretty high and would block the view of the scenery on either side of the ship. When I booked this cabin I was thinking that it would give us the best of both worlds in that we'd be able to see scenery on both sides of the ship from our balcony. Can some of you seasoned HAL cruisers offer any advice about this, or have any pictures of the aft cabins on the navigation deck? Thanks.

Kathy

We recently returned from Christmas cruise on Westerdam (another of the Vista class ships). Our group had the suites on each corner and the walls between the suites do come up quite high. The view out the back and off to the sides is very good but you will not be able to view much more than about 180 degrees from your cabin.

The big drawback on our cruise was the big vibration from the props and propulsion system. I have written HAL to see if this is "normal" for the vista ships or our ship was having a major operating "malf".

We recently returned from Christmas cruise on Westerdam (another of the Vista class ships). Our group had the suites on each corner and the walls between the suites do come up quite high. The view out the back and off to the sides is very good but you will not be able to view much more than about 180 degrees from your cabin.

The big drawback on our cruise was the big vibration from the props and propulsion system. I have written HAL to see if this is "normal" for the vista ships or our ship was having a major operating "malf".

Archived