Island Cabin Selection Help - Please

ruetundra

I would like a balcony room that is covered or partial covered. I know the bump-outs are covered. Could anyone tell me about the front of the ship on the Baja deck rooms between B205 and B231 are these covered or partial covered. Or the back of the ship on the Caribe Deck C706 - C727 covered or partial covered?

Also what are some of the differences between front and back motion wise. Which is better? We will be going to Alaska next June 2005 so a balcony is a must!

Thanks!!

While I was researching cabins for our Coral cruise, I made detailed notations on the deck plans so I'll share what I found. Hope this will help give you a start, but I would verify this information.

Aloha: BC category - uncovered (the ones at the front were noted they were next to a noisy kitchen area / the ones at the back are by the kids area.

BB category - completely covered except for bump-out section.

Baja:

BC category - covered except bump-out section is partially covered (noted this was a good, quiet area)

BD category - front ones are partially covered, back ones from B622-645 are covered, B702-737 are uncovered (the ones at the very back were also noted to be noisy from the childrens' area above).

Caribe:

BA category - partially covered; larger balconies

BD category - bump-out I think have at least partially covered, but are smaller balconies, the ones towards the back of the ship are pt. covered

BE category - partially covered

BF category - pt. covered

Dolphin:

BD category - covered

BE category - covered

BF category - covered

Emerald:

All covered

We have booked the Island for May 7th of 2005 and the Coral for May 21st. We are renting a car and touring on our own between the 2 cruises. We have booked A503 on the Island going up and A504 on the Coral for the return. These are on the back of the bump-outs in the center of the ship and are mini-suites... for not much more than just balconies. We have switched sides of the ships to maximize viewing. We usually book mid-ship, however, on our trip this year on the Sapphire had a suite on the very back...and had no problem with movement. We like being near elevators and have never had a problem with noise. The Horizon Court is on the front of the ship on the Island and Coral which is unusual. We cruised the Coral on it's first cruise 'through' then entire Panama Canal and up to Vancouver last year and loved the ship. We travel with fellow bridge players and expecially liked the forward part of the card room...large wonderful windows. The 'anytime' dining rooms are also just forward of the center of the ship. The only disappointment on the Sapphire was 'no card room'. They used the Vivaldi dining room for Bridge Play. Next year will be our 10th and 11th cruise with Princess and our 6th trip to Alaska...obviously we love it.

We are sailing on the Coral (sister and identical to the Island) next April and particularly want a fully covered balcony on a mini suite. After research and confirming with Princess via TA, chose B230, furthest aft of the forward minis.

Cant say about the movement first hand but have heard via these boards that movement was not a problem for this cabin.

We were on the Coral last January. Our cabin was C427 and the other couple we travel with were in C501. The balconies on the center bump out section are quite small but we had the door between our two balconies opened so it made up for a bigger balcony...

We loved this cabin:

• near elevators and stairs (no noise at all);
  • no movement feeling (since we were in the center of the ship);
  • we were near of almost everything...

I don't know what you plan to do on the balcony but for us, it was just perfect !

Alain R.

Archived