Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

just put on whatever thats what everyone did on the second formal almost no one was formal. I just threw on the jacket I used the second night had on some jeans (yeah I brought it back) still over dressed as guy next to me had his running shoes on, torn jeans, and a baseball cap (no jacket). Just go to be comfortable.

We will be traveling on the Conquest next month. I've heard that Carnival has 24 hour room service. I would like to know if this includes a hot breakfast (like eggs and pancakes) during breakfast hours. On our last Carnival cruise I know they offered a cold breakfast service, but we didn't inquire about room service.

We will be traveling on the Conquest next month. I've heard that Carnival has 24 hour room service. I would like to know if this includes a hot breakfast (like eggs and pancakes) during breakfast hours. On our last Carnival cruise I know they offered a cold breakfast service, but we didn't inquire about room service.

Nope, no hot food room service on Conquest. You can have a hot breakfast on the Lido deck or in the Monet Dining Room.

I had posted this in a separate thread but this maybe will get me more response (sorry, didn't see it before posting).

I am looking at booking the Conquest in May and was originally looking at a category 11 or 12. Then I noticed the aft corner cabins (specifically 6483 and 6452). We love the corner suites on HAL with the HUGE balconies. The guy I talked to at Carnival says these two cabins have a standard 75 sq. ft. balcony. Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins who can tell me if the balconies are larger than usual. We love suites but really love big balconies.

What would you do?

If you look at my sig, you'll see I should have been on the Voyager this week but had to cancel for medical reasons. We had a Grand Suite booked on that again for the larger balcony.

My only two Carnival cruises have been on older ships in ocean view rooms. Should I book the Conquest and would I be happier in a suite or corner aft?

Hello conquest cruisers. I will be boarding this wonderful ship on may 4th. What time should I arrive at the port I was thinking of between 1230 and 1 pm

At that time there may be long lines. One our first cruise that was when we got to the terimanal. We gou onboard after 3pm.

On our second Conquest cruise we got to the termanal at 10:45. We were eating lunch on the Lido deck at noon.

I agree with the poster who suggested arriving early. We usually arrive between 10-10:30 and beat the crowds. On my last cruise, as well as my upcoming one, I needed a wheelchair...what a hoot! The steward who pushed me aboard raced with another fellow....we won, I was the first person to board the ship! Really though, get there early....eat lunch (before the burgers are dry hockey pucks)....sit by the pool....wander around the ship...make ressies for the supper club or spa, it makes for a much less stressful departure.

If you have internet access, check on Sunday morning to see if the ships are even in port before you leave your house or hotel. We were leaving on Voyager on Jan. 27, and Voyager and Conquest didn't even arrive to disembark until after 11:30. The port was close until then due to dense fog. They weren't letting people drop off luggage or anything until after noon. We had a leisurely lunch at on of the restuarants in the area. They didn't start embarkation until around 3:30 or 4.

what is the closest place to shop and beach without paying for excursion?

in GC, you will have no problem finding plenty to do right around where you tender in. you can leisurely stroll up and down the shopping area. as far as jamaica, as best i can remember, it's too far to walk. we booked an excursion (zip line-FABULOUS) through carnival. we were met at the terminal and left from there. later we went and wasted our money at margaritaville-horrible! waste of time & money imo. make sure you read the threads on jamaica and be completely aware of all. it was beautiful, we had no problems except for the excessive groping of my husband while going through security to get back on the ship. dh did not seem to mind the groping :eek: :mad: . there is alot of info out here on the boards. just be really informed with jamaica as it has a bad reputation. we had no problems, it was a beautiful island.

Ok so I'm trying to pack light. Can I wear nice flip flops in the dining room? What about on formal night? They have rhinestones on them.

flip flops? i would say not. if they are truly foam flip flops? how much space can one pair of shoes take up? pack your socks or something down inside your dress shoes. pack smart and light, but you can easily get a pair of shoes in your bag....just fill the shoes with something that is taking up space. why bother dressing up for formal night if you wear flip flops?

jmo