Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Just recently got our cabin assignment for our 2-15-09 sailing on the Conquest. We got a nice upgrade to cabin 1110 on the Spa Deck. Anyone have any information on the cabin or the location in general?

Thanks!

That is a great cabin. It has floor to ceiling windows that slant out giving you a little more floor room in the cabin. They even have a good size table and chairs next to the window. We were right below this room in a balcony cabin last year. We didn't notice much movement and we were sooooo close to the happenings on the Lido.

Just recently got our cabin assignment for our 2-15-09 sailing on the Conquest. We got a nice upgrade to cabin 1110 on the Spa Deck. Anyone have any information on the cabin or the location in general?

Thanks!

Those cabins will be completely redesigned in the January dry dock. They will be very premium. That's quite an upgrade.

Those cabins will be completely redesigned in the January dry dock. They will be very premium. That's quite an upgrade.

I have heard they are supposed to be redesigned...someone even mentioned the word "balcony"...don't know how true that is, but I am happy with the cabin just the way it is now. I was VERY pleased with the upgrade:)

Thanks everyone!

That is a great cabin. It has floor to ceiling windows that slant out giving you a little more floor room in the cabin. They even have a good size table and chairs next to the window. We were right below this room in a balcony cabin last year. We didn't notice much movement and we were sooooo close to the happenings on the Lido.

Thanks Linda, that is good to know. I am quite excited and ready for February to get here:D

Looks like we will be going on the Conquest April 5th of next year! This will be my families first cruise! I have a question about the excursions in Jamaica. We were thinking of doing the canopy tour and visting the YS falls! It is a 7 hour excursion. My question is, will that be pushing it to make it on and off the ship on time? Has anyone taken this tour and did you have to rush to make it back to the ship?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaki viewpost.gif

I read somewhere that it is possible to purchase credit toward a future cruise while on board the ship; any infomation about this? My husband and I will be on the Conquest March 22, 2009.

Yes they sell them on the Conquest. You pay $100 and it is applied to a later cruise along with an OBC.

Do you know how much of an On Board Credit it is, and if you have to pick which cruise you want to go on? I don't have any future cruise picked out, but I know I will go on one, so I'd like to put a down payment on a future cruise.

Hi!

I'm a nurse/mom from TX also; booked on conquest 2/15 due to the new itin.,traveling with DH, trying to talk brother and wife into this trip as well.

Can not wait, have sailed Celebrity and RCCL, have an NCL booked for Alaska in August, but I'm a carnival virgin. Hope to see you there!

Welcome to our roll call, see my "signature", lots of folks sailing on 2/15/09 Conquest, come and join us!:)

Our family just got cabin assignments this morning for the 2-8-09 cruise, 7210, 7224, 7226. We booked inside gty so we are glad to be on the empress deck. They are standard inside rooms. Only thing I'm little worried about is the fact they are in the front of the ship. Will we feel alot more motion in the front? I know last years cruise, one night seas were bad and the main show lounge was horrible as far as feeling the movement. So I'm a bit worried the cabins we have may feel a bit of the movement. Anyone stayed at the front of Conquest?

Our family just got cabin assignments this morning for the 2-8-09 cruise, 7210, 7224, 7226. We booked inside gty so we are glad to be on the empress deck. They are standard inside rooms. Only thing I'm little worried about is the fact they are in the front of the ship. Will we feel alot more motion in the front? I know last years cruise, one night seas were bad and the main show lounge was horrible as far as feeling the movement. So I'm a bit worried the cabins we have may feel a bit of the movement. Anyone stayed at the front of Conquest?

These cabins are at least halfway above the waterline and inside, so you get stability there. I'd say decks 6 and 7 are the most stable of the upper decks. I wouldn't worry about motion here. As always, you can go to the infirmary for self-serve motion sickness meds.

James

Looks like we will be going on the Conquest April 5th of next year! This will be my families first cruise! I have a question about the excursions in Jamaica. We were thinking of doing the canopy tour and visting the YS falls! It is a 7 hour excursion. My question is, will that be pushing it to make it on and off the ship on time? Has anyone taken this tour and did you have to rush to make it back to the ship?

If you're doing a ship-sponsored excursion, you'll be fine - even if the drivers and/or traffic is a mess. You won't be left in port.

James

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaki viewpost.gif

I read somewhere that it is possible to purchase credit toward a future cruise while on board the ship; any infomation about this? My husband and I will be on the Conquest March 22, 2009.

Do you know how much of an On Board Credit it is, and if you have to pick which cruise you want to go on? I don't have any future cruise picked out, but I know I will go on one, so I'd like to put a down payment on a future cruise.

The amount of OBC varies. We just purchased two on the Conquest when we sailed Nov. 30th. On a 7 day cruise the OBC is $100.00 and, on a 3 or 4 day it is $50.00. There are two ways you can get the OBC. The one we did gave us 5 years to book the cruise of our choice or we could get our money back. We have already booked on the Conquest for May 17th, 2009. They told us that the certificate can be used on any ship but, can only be purchased on the 5 largest ships of Carnival. It seemed to be a win/win situation because we only paid $100.00 for each certificate and that applies to your future cruise. On top of that you get the $100.00 OBC for each certificate.

Pam

Okay, we leave in two days and I am nervous. This is the first time to cruise with kids (4 & 6), so I am excited and nervous at the same time. Here I sit at my fire station with to many questions.

My kids have little patience (as most don't).

How early can you get on the Conquest?

Is there a best time to be at the dock?

I was in 7212 on my 2/11/2007 cruise. This is a good area. We ran into rough seas the last night and we hardly noticed.

Okay, we leave in two days and I am nervous. This is the first time to cruise with kids (4 & 6), so I am excited and nervous at the same time. Here I sit at my fire station with to many questions.

I would get to the terminal by 11am.

We have gotten there aroung that time. We were onboard and eating lunch on the lido deck by noon. You may not get to your cabin by 1:30pm though.

AbileneCruiser.......we were on Conquest in October......cabin 7225. Loved it. Great location. Also, we didn't find out till the last day, but if you walk "forward" a few cabins there is a door that goes outside to a small balcony....make sure you check it out! Have fun. We have 7220 the next time we cruise on Conquest!

We are booked for February with 2 boys (6 & 2) and plan to do Nochi Cocum (?) for Cozumel. Anyone been there who can tell us if it is worth it?

For Jamaica we're thinking Dr.'s Cave. Any thoughts?

And Grand Cayman will be our "free" day to walk around and relax by a beach. Any suggestions on beaches there?

oh, we'll be midship on main deck below renoir restaurant. Pros/cons?

Thanks!

Edited by Rezalien32
left out question

I'll be interested to here how your trip went with 2 kids. We've got boys, 2 & 6, leaving in February. Good luck! :D

Carnival just called, and I've been upgraded to suite 7271. I'm excited but wonder if anyone has any information about the cabin: specifically the bathroom and the balcony.

Thanks in advance!

What's the best way to get a free upgrade? We're going with our 2 young boys in February and staying in 2334-Main deck. Our agent said to just keep calling back to see if anythings available. Is this the only/best way?

Thanks for your responses!

thx again for the quick replies and help! Just booked the Conquest for Feb 8! Wow...now I have to keep it a secret from my wife until Christmas (it's her...well OUR Christmas present :D).

Both ships sound great but since we're not heavy drinkers (we'll take our own wine), we don't gamble, and we're not souvineer junkies...I figure the extra $ is better spent on the longer vacation/better ports/larger ship fresh out of some upgrades, we'll just take it easy on the "extras".

Thx again, this is an awesome forum! Within an hour of posting my first newbie question, I had some great responses!

I'll def be back for more research.

progress.gif

This is RezAlien's wife and I wanted to thank all of you who helped my husband with this incredible gift!

He did the treasure hunt for the boys Christmas Eve morning and said there was a "small" gift for me at the end as well. When we got to the last treasure chest I opened the card he had for me and it contained a printout of the Funpass Ticket. I thought it was one of those time share trip things that he's always telling me to throw away! I open the second gift which was the Carnival Brochure with pictures and itinerary...I was blown away! I started screaming, laughing then crying! I was literally sobbing!

I've waited 10 years (since our honeymoon!) to go on another cruise! It's all on tape and this was the best gift ever! I'm so excited and cannot wait!!! :D:D:D

Thanks again for your help and all the invaluable info on these boards!

Nati

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise. I'm sure you will enjoy the Conquest as much as we have. :)

There really isn't any such thing as a free upgrade to call in about. If you booked a guarantee category where Carnival assigns your cabin, you could be upgraded to a higher category cabin. If you booked a specific cabin there is nearly no chance you will be moved for free. Carnival may offer you an upgrade for an extra fee. Your current cabin, 2334 is in a good mid-ship location. I'm sure you will like it.

Doctor's Cave beach is located in downtown Montego Bay. It is a nice beach but doesn't offer any food or beverage services, just beach and bathrooms. You will need to take a cab there and back. It is about 15 minutes from the cruise pier which is located south of town. You can eat at Margaritaville which is only a short walk from Dr's Cave.

Another option you should consider is Sinset Beach. It is located only a mile from the pier. It is an all-inclusive resort so your food and drinks are included. Last time we were there it cost $40 for adults and $20 for children. While this may sound steep compared to Dr's Cave, when you add everything up you will spend about the same for either. Sunset Beach has a nice water park for the kids to use as well as the beach.

http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/

In Grand Cayman you can go to Seven Mile Beach via the island taxi vans. They are more like a bus service than a taxi as you flag them down and get on and off where you like. Just ask about how to use them when you get off the tender in town. Take the van to Sea Grape Park. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes from town to reach Sea Grape Park, and you can see your ship from the beach.

You might want to consider a swiming with the stingrays at stingray city. This is one of the most popular excursions in the Caribbean. You can find alot of info on the Grand Cayman board. I would suggest booking with a private company and not the cruise line as Carnival goes in large groups. The private companies are much smaller groups and provide a better trip in my opinion.

In Cozumel you can choose from many beach clubs. Nachi Cocom is a very nice facility and a good choice but there are many others. You can read about the many beach options here: http://www.cozumelinsider.com/BEACHES Go through the different ones and see which fits best for you. It may be Nachi or another depending on what you want to do and spend.

Have a great cruise! :)