Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

yst347...thanks SO much for the info, found it very useful!

Just a quick apology for the multi-posts...not trying to hijack/hog the thread. Another family member was using my login :o and was not too familiar with forum etiquette. Couldn't find an edit button to delete/combine questions.

Thanks again! :D

You probably will be dropped off in front of the cruise terminal. Walgreen's is several blocks away, not within walking distance so best to bring what you need with you. Also many of the stores and shops near the cruise terminal have not recovered from Hurricane Ike.

We will be on Conquest for Spring Break of 09. Has anyone stayed in cabin 8343 before? Just wondering what kind of noise if any you hear from the Lido deck above.

We had 8365 and didn't hear any noise at all. We were in bed usually by 10:30 to 11 every night except Mardigras and that was 2 AM. I think that would be the only noisy night to worry about.

Hey everyone i am going on a super bowl cruise on Feb 1st and i was wondering if anyone knows all the upgrades that will be happening on the conquest while in drydock? Also i heard ralph will no longer be on the conquest :(.Anyone heard who the new cruise director will be and if so is he any good?

Asst CD Kyle will accept a promotion and be the CD on the Conquest.

For Jamaica we're thinking Dr.'s Cave. Any thoughts?

We went to Drs. Cave beach on our trip last year and enjoyed our time there. The food, drinks and service were all good. If you are only going to spend a few hours at the beach this would be a good place to go since you don't have to spend too much money to get in.

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise. I'm sure you will enjoy the Conquest as much as we have. :)

There really isn't any such thing as a free upgrade to call in about. If you booked a guarantee category where Carnival assigns your cabin, you could be upgraded to a higher category cabin. If you booked a specific cabin there is nearly no chance you will be moved for free. Carnival may offer you an upgrade for an extra fee. Your current cabin, 2334 is in a good mid-ship location. I'm sure you will like it.

Doctor's Cave beach is located in downtown Montego Bay. It is a nice beach but doesn't offer any food or beverage services, just beach and bathrooms. You will need to take a cab there and back. It is about 15 minutes from the cruise pier which is located south of town. You can eat at Margaritaville which is only a short walk from Dr's Cave.

Another option you should consider is Sinset Beach. It is located only a mile from the pier. It is an all-inclusive resort so your food and drinks are included. Last time we were there it cost $40 for adults and $20 for children. While this may sound steep compared to Dr's Cave, when you add everything up you will spend about the same for either. Sunset Beach has a nice water park for the kids to use as well as the beach.

http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/

Have a great cruise! :)

it has been reported Sunset Beach is now $60 for adults, just in case...hopefully someone can confirm this.

it has been reported Sunset Beach is now $60 for adults, just in case...hopefully someone can confirm this.

If you mean Ralph? Nope he is going away. His assistant is taking over....cant remember his name though....

Sunset Beach is now $60. We paid that at the end of October.

Ralpf's assistant Kyle will be taking over.

Sunset Beach is now $60. We paid that at the end of October.

Ralpf's assistant Kyle will be taking over.

I spoke with my husband and he said we are going to do the Mayfield Falls/Dr.'s Cave/Margaritaville tour. With our 2 young boys I think they will enjoy that. For them if they are by the water they're good...don't need all the fancy stuff. :)

I also read in a thread that Kyle would be taking over but my husband found another thread that said a Wee something or other would be taking over? Any findings from anyone else? I'll keep looking and see if I can verify.:confused:

Hey Gang!!!

We are lloking at booking the Conquest for the end of May or sometime in June. I know it's not the best time to book, but my husband and I teach, so we have to travel during breaks. We have two families that will be traveling from central Mississippi to Galveston. We have not booked yet, but we are trying to get everything in order before hand. We will be driving in on Saturday before the cruise leaves on Sunday. Does anybody out there have any hotel suggestions for Saturday night. Also, I've read a lot about parking, and it seems somewhat confusing. I'm wondering how different things are after the hurricane. I'm used to cruising out of New Orleans, so all of this is new--the ship, the travel--EVERYTHING!!! Any help/information that you could give would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

You could take some with you just to be safe. I always take two 6-packs of 20oz bottles on the Conquest.

Hi Snoozeman

I have 4 questions:

Do you pack the 20 oz bottles or do you carry them with you?

If you carry them with you, what kind of bag/cooler do you prefer? If you pack them what do you put them in?

I have successfully packed a case of Ozarka Sports water in a box and labeled it to be sent to our room on the Voyager. Do you think I can do the same on the Conquest without a problem?

Thanks for an answer by the best!

Edited by Fighterone

I don't know what liquor stores are near the port, but you can buy wine in most grocery stores (but not before noon on Sundays). If you are coming into Houston before Sunday, I would suggest stopping at a grocery store along the way, or look for a Spec's liquor store (http://www.specsonline.com/cgi-bin/snf?body=/cgi-bin/locate). They usually have great selection.

If you are driving down from Houston, exit 45 south at Nasa Road 1 and on the south west corner there is/was a Fiesta liquor store. They have a decent selection there too or you could stop at the grocery store on 61st if Palm's liquor is not opened in that strip, yet.