Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Did you work on getting certified yet??

not yet...i have to wait until this summer....working nights (12 hr shifts) and having the baby during the day time does not leave any extra time....but during the summer, i certainly plan to.

i actually bought some flippers the other day....used. they looked like nice ones, and fit so we got them.

According to the nice lady at Carnival who is working with me on my Conquest cruise (I am going in September! woo!), there is a Texas Hold'em table with an actual live dealer on the Conquest.

Confirmations/Denials from people who have been on this specific boat recently?

i was on the conquest in march. there is NO live dealer at the hold em table. it is a limit only electronic table for 10. you have to purchase a card from the cashier, minimum buy in $60. this of course, could have changed i suppose in the last month. but as of march 25, electric table.

Sorry for asking a question before reading the whole thread. Apparently just electronic hold'em.

I am not really sure how I feel about that.

Actually, i am. Poorly. :(

I am still super jazzed about my trip, but I love me some hold em.

dh did very well on the hold em table. he bought in for his $60, and he left the ship with over a thousand. there were also cash games that some of the guys put together themselves in different areas of the ship....so you may find a cash game. i think maybe in the library but the players set it up themselves.

good luck

According to the nice lady at Carnival who is working with me on my Conquest cruise (I am going in September! woo!), there is a Texas Hold'em table with an actual live dealer on the Conquest.

Confirmations/Denials from people who have been on this specific boat recently?

Nope - only the electronic table. No dealer.

I'm sailing this Sunday as well! BTW, I see that weather in the Caribbeans stays around 80s right now - does it mean that water will be a bit cold to swim?

And what's with this board and capers fetish?

Wowsa! DW and I are sailing this Sunday (5/6). I know it's a bit short notice, but if anyone can shoot us the capers to synthesize2002@myway.com I would really appreciate it. Thanks for all the great information posted in this thread. :)

I just sent them to you, compliments of Robbie J (who sent them to me).

I'm sailing this Sunday as well! BTW, I see that weather in the Caribbeans stays around 80s right now - does it mean that water will be a bit cold to swim?

And what's with this board and capers fetish?

Capers is the Carnival daily newsletter (which tells you everything that's going on). CarnivalpAPERS.

Hi everyone , I was wondering if the Conquest was one of the ships that had those little fridges in the room s???

No it doesn't. I asked our PVP and he said that if you need something chilled like insulin or something that you can tell then when you board and they'll make arrangements for you:)

Really!!! That guy told me they didn't:mad: I'm going to ask someone else

Well they're really not supposed to be a fridge for your personal stuff. They are a stocked mini-bar but you can take the contents out and store them in a cabinet until the end of the cruise to have room to use it.

We were in an Ocean View room on Main deck in April. We had a fridge in the room but it stayed locked the whole time. We never asked the steward to open it but assumed it would be opened eventually. As it never was it was easier to for us to just go get drinks, etc. as we did not need the fridge for cold storage. Also our kids inside room on Main deck also had the same and it remained locked the entire trip (Thankfully)

Hello all,

I am needing advice on room selection. We are wanting to book on the conquest for Dec. 9-16, 2007. There is 5 of us DH, myself, and kids 15,13,11. I know we are going to need 2 rooms, but I am trying to find out the CHEAPEST way. I would love to have connecting rooms but I know that will cost more then just side by side or across the hall. I have been wanting to call carnival but I'm afraid to sound like a idiot because I don't know what I want/can afford yet. Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Carolyn

I am on the conquest on May 13th, I would like to know 3 things.

1. is their grapefruit juice available?

2. are their vcr's in cabins?

3. what 2 nights are formal nights?

Thanks

1. I'm not sure about grapefruit juice - I didn't see any.

2. No vcr's in inside cabins -

3. Tuesday and Thursday were the formal nights.

Have a great time!

Hello all,

I am needing advice on room selection. We are wanting to book on the conquest for Dec. 9-16, 2007. There is 5 of us DH, myself, and kids 15,13,11. I know we are going to need 2 rooms, but I am trying to find out the CHEAPEST way. I would love to have connecting rooms but I know that will cost more then just side by side or across the hall. I have been wanting to call carnival but I'm afraid to sound like a idiot because I don't know what I want/can afford yet. Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Carolyn

i would have no problem calling carnival. that's what i did. and they were great and very patient with me...(my first cruise) i called the first time, got some info and prices etc....then called a couple of weeks later and booked my cabin. by then, the price had gone up quite a bit. i was surprised because i had always thought the prices went down closer to sailing...but not always. anyways, it worked out, because 30 days before sailing, the price did drop, and we got a fat on board credit. which was cheaper than the first price i was quoted.

so give them a call. they will help you.

Some of the inside cabins do not have refrigerators. What I did last year and this year was to request a cabin with a refrigerator. I had my doctor fill out a form for Carnival and faxed it to them Because of medical neccesity, keeping insulin cool, I was able to get a cabin with a refrierator. When we went on board I asked the steward to bring me some ice, until the frig could be unlocked. Also if you forget your sharp's container, the steward will get one for you ( for free) and will take it up on Sunday morning as you get off the ship. Hope this helps.

1. I'm not sure about grapefruit juice - I didn't see any.

2. No vcr's in inside cabins -

3. Tuesday and Thursday were the formal nights.

Have a great time!

were Monday and Thursday this past April.

TinaJ

We had an aft balcony cabin on the Conquest in April and it had a fridge. We left a note with $5 for the cabin steward to empty the fridge, which she did. As the size of the cabins are very similar, I imagine that they should be present in all cabins, although I stand to be corrected.