From Rio to Barcelona

Narita

I actually do not have time to check any deeper ( have looked on 7 pages of posts) but I need to hear from anyone who has taken the southern transatlantic cruise from Rio to Barcelona in March. Were you seasick, uncomfortable, bored-- any of the above? In rough seas my husband takes to bed and has no wish to spend 5 or 6 days in bed--yet in medium seas, he's fine. What was your experience? We are booked--- but gathering information to make an informed decision? thanks

Well, it wasn't on Oceania,but way back in 3-08, we took the late great Royal Princess from Buenos Aires to Barcelona, with in-transit stops in Rio, Recife, Dakar, Azores, Casablanca, and Gibraltar.

It was absolutely smooth - our smoothest crossing out of some half-dozen over the years.

Sea state is always a "crapshoot".

We did the transatlantic crossing in 11/06 on the Insignia and much to our surprise it was really smooth sailing. The roughest experience was the evening we left Lisbon.

As for being at sea and not getting bored, everyone is different but we enjoyed sitting out on the deck and using the pool--it was very warm. The usual things are available on Oceania ships as would be on other cruise ships but being a smaller ship it may not be as grand. For example, the gym, which is well equipped can't compare to the gym on a Princess ship. However, the library is wonderful and a very popular place.

Whatever shortcomings this ship had were made up by the excellent cuisine and wonderful staff who made every effort to give you the best cruise experience.:)

I actually do not have time to check any deeper ( have looked on 7 pages of posts) but I need to hear from anyone who has taken the southern transatlantic cruise from Rio to Barcelona in March. Were you seasick, uncomfortable, bored-- any of the above? In rough seas my husband takes to bed and has no wish to spend 5 or 6 days in bed--yet in medium seas, he's fine. What was your experience? We are booked--- but gathering information to make an informed decision? thanks
Are you booked for 2007 or 2008? We have a rollcall going for the 2008 cruise and if you are doing the 2007 we would certainly love to hear from you afterwards. Hope you enjoy which ever you do.

We are scheduled for 08 Rio to Barcelona. we want to explore Rio before we sail--and may spend time in Majorrca afterwards and I will be looking forward to any reviews anyone makes after the 2007 cruise of repositioning. this year we are Caribbean in February--Yeah--its almost here and May Rome to Istanbul and who knows for the fall? maybe Houston/Galveston for land exploration.

We are scheduled for 08 Rio to Barcelona. we want to explore Rio before we sail--and may spend time in Majorrca afterwards and I will be looking forward to any reviews anyone makes after the 2007 cruise of repositioning. this year we are Caribbean in February--Yeah--its almost here and June Rome to Istanbul and who knows for the fall? maybe Houston/Galveston for land exploration.

Archived