Friar's Bay or Mullet Bay?

SusieQT

We have our kids with us, 3 & 5, want nice sand to play in, not too rough water. Need food/drinks on the beach, chairs/umbrellas............

THANKS!

Unless you'll have a car, Friars is difficult to get to, Mullet is easy, by taxi or even local bus.

gary

I was at Mullet Bay last week. Beautiful beach, no snorkelling (nothing to see). One concern I would have with the kids is the water gets deep quickly. You only had to walk out a few feet for it to be chest deep.

at times. I happen to LOVE Friar's. The water is calm and the beach is never too crowded. Mullet changes quite frequently - sometimes it can be calm, sometimes a bit rough and there is a drop off. When we were there in May last year it was fine. I was back in August and there was a huge drop-off. You just never know. If you had a car and unlimited time, you could try Mullet and then if it is not to your liking - try a different beach, but with limited time you'll want to go somewhere where you will feel comfortable. A taxi should be able to get you to Friar's and the restaurant there can make arrangements to have you picked up.

just came back from a day onj our own. we stopped at both friar's and dawn beach. loved both. neither was over-crowded and both had beautiful calm water. dawn beach had better food (mr. b's had the best ribs ever) but friar's was quieter with calmer water. dawn beach was much easier to get to.

steve

Archived