Elation Review 1-15-07

scotts82705

I can say that this was the first cruise that I have no complaints!!!!

Debarkations: was fast and painless. We drop the luggage, and parked very close and had to stand outside for a minute but then when we got inside it was maybe 15 minutes.

The ship: Beautiful!!! I loved the ship I would compare it to the looks of the Glory just beautiful. It is a Fantasy Class but so much prettier.

Staff: Awesome everyone was so nice the rooms were cleaned in 10 mins after walking out. We had Rudy and Junadia for our waiters they were great. Friendly

Food: Again Awesome They have changed the menu some they added bbq ribs, and alternative selections. YUMMY.

Shows: They were great! Goose the cruise director was awesome.

Ports of calls: first was Grand Turks beautiful. We went to Margaretiville went snorkling, found some shells. Then we drank a little, the drink in a long souviner cup was 13.95 but it was full and added extra Tequilla. So worth it. The pool was nice

Then we went to Half Moon cay this was nice. Carnival took their staff and waited on us, we used our sign and sail card there. Free BBQ lunch. The water was beautiful Lots for kids to do.

Then it was Nassau been there 4 times now so we took the harbour cruise to the atlantis, that was a nice one. Plenty to do. We could have stayed over there longer and explored but was ready to shop at the straw market.

debarkation: we were off the boat by 9 so pretty easy.

I recommand this to anyone adults, couples, children it was beautiful I give it a 10 out of 10.

oh, you've got me psyched (not that i needed much help:D ). we go 2/17. cannot wait. already did this itinerary, but not on elation. it'll be our first time on elation, and i'm excited (even though it's a sister ship of the many others we have cruised).

how was your weather? was it very cool at night? hoping the beaches were at least in the 80s.

any particular "not misses" on the elation herself? how were the comedians?

Hi Scotts, great meeting you. we both agree 100% this was one of our best cruises. We loved the Inspiration until the Elation. Sorry to see it leave Port Canaveral. We have decided to look for the same itinerary on any other ship. Just loved Half Moon Cay. We could have stayed there a couple more days.

The weather was great around 80's every day, no rain. The water a little cool around 77* but then we are from Florida and you know us LOL. Loved every thing about the ship , crew and entertainment. Oh ya the food was great as well. Bring on the next Cruise, The Glory on March 10,2007. Can't wait I am suffering from cruise withdrawal.

Man I wish I could cruise again in March. Can't afford it or take time off. It will be August-october sometime.

Truecruiser In grand turks the DJ said it was 103 there but not sure it was great the water was a little cold but you adjust quick

Man I wish I could cruise again in March. Can't afford it or take time off. It will be August-october sometime.

Truecruiser In grand turks the DJ said it was 103 there but not sure it was great the water was a little cold but you adjust quick

We'll be on the Elation 2/8 and I'd love to know if the vegetarian burrito/enchilada was on the menu...

We had it in the dining room on the Inspiration and it was my favorite thing on the whole cruise!

I can't remember if it was an enchilada or a burrito, but it was amazing!

If you remember it being on the menu...can you let me know! Thanks!!

Really excited for the Elation!

Thanks for the great review!

Hey I just read your review. We are headed on that same cruise in March for our 25th wedding anniversary. Am a little concerned about people talking about the movement of the ship and seasickness. Was this a problem for you? We have a suite on verandah 11 reserved. Do you know anything about these? Glad to hear the ship was so nice and food was good etc. and also you enjoyed the itinerary. Thanks I will be watching for your reply.

Hey I just read your review. We are headed on that same cruise in March for our 25th wedding anniversary. Am a little concerned about people talking about the movement of the ship and seasickness. Was this a problem for you? We have a suite on verandah 11 reserved. Do you know anything about these? Glad to hear the ship was so nice and food was good etc. and also you enjoyed the itinerary. Thanks I will be watching for your reply.

Please post a review after your cruise. Pictures of your suite if possible. We are book into a verandah 11 also in June.

We'll be on the Elation 2/8 and I'd love to know if the vegetarian burrito/enchilada was on the menu...

We had it in the dining room on the Inspiration and it was my favorite thing on the whole cruise!

I can't remember if it was an enchilada or a burrito, but it was amazing!

If you remember it being on the menu...can you let me know! Thanks!!

Really excited for the Elation!

It was on the lunch menu in the Imagination dining room.

The boat did not rock that bad. We left the port 2 hours late so they were moving fast. But that is it.

The Elation was our first cruise back in November. Loved every single minute of it and it makes me smile to see that so many others enjoy her as well.

We found that for the most part the ship was pretty calm. There was one night in the dining room that we felt a great deal of movement. The only time we could feel the ship shake was went it was docking at the ports. Oh and we found that the higher you go on the ship, you feel more swaying.

All of you who are getting ready to go on the Elation, HAVE FUN!!! You will be very satisfied.:D

I hear the elation is going to be on the west coast starting in June doing a 5 day Cabo, Ensenada and Sea days. Did any of the crew mention it?? I'm glad we'll have another cruise option on the west coast.

We are going on the Elation 4/9/07 and can't wait. Did you need passports or was a birth certificate and drivers license enough? We are applying for passports this week, but I'm a little concerned that we will get them in time.

Ok I will try. Am new to all of this "board" stuff. We booked an "odd" # room because someone said on one of these things that if you booked on the odd side you would get to be at the ports and sit on your balcony and enjoy looking at the island you are stopped at. But now I am not so sure that is true. Others are saying it is on the other side of the ship that you can do that. Anybody know out there for sure or does it change from time to time?

Please post a review after your cruise. Pictures of your suite if possible. We are book into a verandah 11 also in June.

Well I will try.:confused: Just learning to use this board thing so I will see what I can do:) . I have booked the "odd" # cabins on the side of the ship. Had read somewhere this is where you should book if you want to look off your balcony and see the port you are docked at. But now I am not so sure that is correct. I have read other messages that say you should be on the even # side to see the port from your cabin. Any body know more about this? Does it change from port to port or from sailing to sailing?

I would think it depends upon which coast you are traveling up and down. You'd see the coast going one way and the ocean going back the other way. And, since not all ships can "dock" at all ports, it would depend on how the captain positioned his ship off shore.

Archived