Freestyle. Is it really all that?

Cruisin' Ron VA

Misleading? Aren't most advertisements meant to sell the product thus exagerted? Anyone other than a child that takes any commercial at face value is very niave to say the least. NMnita

Exaggerated ! I embarrassed. I though the shot of the people, identically dress for dinner. marching down the steps on a traditional ship was really they way it is. :eek: :p :D

A good ad campaign provides information in an entertaining, humorous, and yes-sometimes exaggerated way to catch the eye. I think the NCL ad does this. I thought it was funny! We like all lines we have cruised on for different reasons, but NCL is the favorite because of the free-style concept.

We like them both, traditional and freestyle. When we have the kids with us Freestyle works great we can eat when the kids are hungry and I don't have to go out and buy them a bunch of clothes that will more than likely not fit them by our next cruise.

When its just my husband and myself we like to dress up and have the same waiters and tablemates.

I am very curious about the Freestyle cruising and the shows/entertainment. Is it hard to get dinner and still see the shows? If you have to make reservations for the specialty restaurants on the first day can you look at the dailies so you know when the times are?

I have only cruised twice (on RCI) and loved it so much that I am hesitant to try another line but am very tempted by the variety of dining venues on some of the newer NCL ships.

Thanks for any input.

Cheers,

I am very curious about the Freestyle cruising and the shows/entertainment. Is it hard to get dinner and still see the shows? If you have to make reservations for the specialty restaurants on the first day can you look at the dailies so you know when the times are?

We've never had a problem seeing the main evening show and having dinner when we wanted to...in 55 nights of freestyle. Really. It...just...isn't...a...problem.

And you DON'T have to make reservations for dinner in the specialty restaurants on the first day. On our September Majesty cruise we called Friday to make a Saturday reservation for Bistro. (It was a Sunday to Sunday cruise.) On our Jewel trans-Atlantic in October/November we made next or same night reservations in Chin Chin and Tango's (twice each).

Don't be panicked by some of the hysterical postings here.

Port days can be SO exhausting, so getting ready at your own leisure and going to eat when you're ready is a beautiful thing. On our 1/2/07 sailing on the Spirit we didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes for a table - and that was only when dining with another couple - by ourselves we were ALWAYS seated immediately. The service was outstanding and we personally preferred the regular dining rooms to the specialty (except for Escargot at Le Bistro!).

Archived