Shore Excursions

FloatfromSF

Princess Regal- Puntarenas, Costa Rica-March 1 sailing

We have done zip linning in Kauai-

Which is recommended?

Tropical Forest Skywalk ( heard really long bus ride)

Eco-Jungle River Adventure

Corobici River-Raft Float

Manuel Antonio N'tl Park

others?

Went on the following tour several years ago:

Explore two tropical nature preserves on guided walks and enjoy lunch and a swim on this full-day excursion devoted to Costa Rica’s natural wonders.

WHAT YOU VISIT

Meet your guide at the pier for a brief orientation of the day’s events. Then board your air-conditioned transportation for the approximately one-hour drive to the Carara Biological Reserve. The 11,750-acre reserve lies in a transitional climactic zone and features near-virgin tropical forest. Despite the lush vegetation, the forest floor is relatively open. Your naturalist-guide leads your morning walk, providing information on the reserve’s flora and fauna. While wildlife sightings are not guaranteed, keep an eye out for scarlet macaws, monkeys, coatis, iguanas, and colorful butterflies. After your walk continue to Villa Lapas, a nearby hotel for a refreshing swim followed by lunch. Changing facilities and showers are available for your convenience. Then follow your naturalist guide to a rain forest

biological reserve on another walk through this unique biosphere. Return to your transportation and enjoy refreshing water on the ride back to the ship.

SPECIAL NOTES

This most active excursion is suitable only for passengers in good physical condition. Wear comfortable clothes and sturdy walking shoes or hiking boots. Bring rain gear and a hat, swimsuit, towel, and adequate sun protection. A camera and binoculars are highly recommended.

It was one of the best shore excursions I have ever been on. We saw all of the animals in the description plus crocodiles and leaf cutter ants. The transportation was a mini-van that held about 15 people and that was all that was allowed on our tour. Excellent local food for lunch. The hotel had a pair of nesting Macaws that sat on the back of my chair while I ate my lunch. If you have never been to Costa Rica, I would highly recommend this tour. Of my 3 visits, this was my favorite. The zip line through the ship is just okay IMO. Don't waste time on that because you won't really get a feel for how beautiful Costa Rica is or see much of the country.

Princess Regal- Puntarenas, Costa Rica-March 1 sailing

We have done zip linning in Kauai-

Which is recommended?

Tropical Forest Skywalk ( heard really long bus ride)

Eco-Jungle River Adventure

Corobici River-Raft Float

Manuel Antonio N'tl Park

others?

We went on the Coribici River Raft Float 2 weeks ago. It was very good. We saw lots of wildlife (herons, storks, crocodiles, howler monkeys). The guide that we had was very knowledgeable. The river was very tame; we did not get wet at all.

Enjoy your cruise!

MJ

We did the float trip several years ago and booked it through Princess. We were on the Sun from SJU to ACA. Puntarenas has not much to see being just the port, so almost any excursion that you take (on your own or with Princess) will entail a bus ride of some distance to get anywhere.

Jim

We just got off the Regal and took a tour with Charlie Soto. Very nice, just six of us, great guide. We took the suspension bridge tour, got there before the tour buses. Saw a lot of monkeys (people on the tour buses said then didn't see any).

I have Charlie Soto booked forour cruise in April.We will have about 14 people.He said his van holds up to 22.We are doing the B-4 tour.Which tour did you do?Was Charlie your tour guide.I also read that Carlos is a great guide also.Read many great things about Charlie

Archived