Short review Radiance 1/14-1/20

We stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale Grande pre-cruise @ 139. + Hotel was very nice and no construction noise while we were there. We got to the hotel too late to sign up for an early shuttle so rather than wait, we took a taxi.

We boarded the ship about 11:30 with no waiting. Went to the windjammer for lunch and then our cabin was ready. We had 8088 on the hump.

The bedding~~~ wouldn't you know, most floors had the new bedding except deck 7 and 8 so we had to make due with the ol' egg crate on our bed. Actually was pretty comfortable. We saw the old bedding being thrown on a truck, UGH, can't believe we slept on it!!!!

Since we had sailed on the Radiance just 5 weeks prior, we didn't go to any of the shows or do any tours. Actually we only got off the ship at Key West. We never went to the dining room and found the food in the windjammer very good. We had 6 days of sun, calm seas, and total relaxation.

JoAnn is the conceirge, filling in for Willie. Look out Willie, this gal is bright, warm, friendly and efficient. She even offered to print out our boarding passes - no way Willie would do that even when asked. Unfortunately, JoAnn will be leaving for the Jewel. I hope RCCL realizes what a valuable employee she is.

I'll try to answer any questions. ~~~~ Mimi

I was on the same cruise , cabin 8086 , apart from the cigar smokers on the balconies forward of our room everything was great. I agree with the comments on Joanne in the concierge, she was great and very helpful ! Radiance is a great class ship for a relaxing vacation, glenn

Thanks for the review--we sail this weekend and I keep hoping we'll have the new bedding. The last time we were on Radiance, the bed sagged in the middle.

Do you happen to know when Joanne is leaving and Willie will be back?

Joanne was an excellent and helpful person--the Jewel is getting a jewel! We were on the Radiance recently and saw the big trucks parked outside during disembarkation with the new mattresses--looks like we just missed them.

Les

Archived