Murder Mystery Question - Portifino's?

Just a couple of questions:

• How long does your cruise have to be in order to get to see one of these?
  • How much does it cost?
  • Is it appropriate to bring your older kids? (15-16)
  • Any tips or hints about going or not going?

Thanks to all who respond!

Just a couple of questions:

• How long does your cruise have to be in order to get to see one of these?
  • How much does it cost?
  • Is it appropriate to bring your older kids? (15-16)
  • Any tips or hints about going or not going?

Thanks to all who respond!

We did the Murder Mystery on the Radiance in November, and our cruise was 6 nights. The cost (if I remember correctly?) was $49.50 and included a full dinner and the show itself. I'm sure it will be fine to bring older kids - although at our MM dinner there were only adults there. The show (at least the one on the Radiance) was very amateur - so if you are expecting a real "professional" show - you may want to lower those expectations. Having said that - we thought the show was terrific! The actors for our show were all part of the cruise staff and that made it even more memorable. I say if it is available on your sailing, you should go! It's a fun way to spend the evening :)

The Murder Mystery is not offered on all sailings. It is a seperate company that puts these on. We did the MM Dinner Theater on the Jewel last April. The cost was $50 pp and as ckrobin said, is very amateurish. We started in a lounge for appetizers and ended up in Portofino's. The cast was having fun, but I personally did not enjoy it very much. We could not hear what was being said most of the time, which is what ruined it for me. I just gave up after a while and enjoyed the evening with my tablemates.

As far as the food was concerned, they ran out of appetizers and we did not get any. The menu at Portofino's was very limited. While it was very good I would have probably enjoyed my dinner at Portofin's more if it were just a regular evening there. Because of the nature of the dinner, we did not have the full Portofino's experience that I have read about on these boards.

However, we had great dinner companions, and that made the evening worthwhile.:) Now I can say that I've done it, but would not do it again. The next time I am on a ship that offers Portofino's I would like to just enjoy the restaurant by itsself. That being said, I know that many people really enjoy it, so don't take my experience by itsself.

Enjoy your cruise. I have found every cruise to be wonderful as a whole!:D

Been there, done that, would not do it again. It was not worth the $50.00 per person, IMHO. It was very amateurish, and we did not have the opportunity to order off of the regular Portofinos menu. We missed some of the entree's which we usually order. We were very disappointed, even though we won the prize.

Big thanks!! you just saved me $200.00 we were looking into this as we have done the MM several times (always on land:) ) and the kids (17 and 19) have enjoyed it but now they would rather spend $'s in other areas.

Archived