Need help with these questions please

Sorry so many..

1) How and when can you find out what type of excursions are available to you on Sovereign of the Seas?

2) Is it more expensive to book them onboard? Pros and cons?

3) Stingrays in Nassau & Coco Cay? My son (9) is frightened of them because of Steve Irwin's unfortunate accident. Do you see them close to shore?

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Sorry so many..

1) How and when can you find out what type of excursions are available to you on Sovereign of the Seas?

Go to www.rccl.com, click through to my cruises, you might have to set it up if you haven't already. Pull up the cruise through the booking number, then click the radio button for shore and land excursions under cruise enhancements, then you'll have several options to search under. It sounds hard, but it's not.

2) Is it more expensive to book them onboard? Pros and cons?

Probably, but the con is, if you're not on a ship's excursion, and don't get back to the ship on time, they will leave you there. If you're with a group, note the emphasis, that is on a ship's sponsored excursion that is late, they will wait. If 47 of 49 of the group make it onboard on time, they won't wait on the last two because they decided to stop and shop, or whatever.

3) Stingrays in Nassau & Coco Cay? My son (9) is frightened of them because of Steve Irwin's unfortunate accident. Do you see them close to shore?

Don't know about Nassau, but they were close enough in Coco Cay that my wife waded amongst them, in waist deep water.

Hope that helps some.

If your sail date is too far out then put in a dummy date to find out the excursions offered. You then have to wait for your "window" to open to book. Many people book excursions on their own to get a better experience for less money. It all depends though on ports and your comfort level. Good luck.

Yes, stingrays are usually up close and in the water with them. You can always elect not to get in the water and stay on the boat.

Hey Paul ran across you on this thread...everything ok? I see you are booked on Freedom...congrats! :)

Kim

Hey Kim (Sorry Family to hijack) - how are you? Yeah we have Freedom booked so will be back more. Did a Disney trip so spent a bunch of time researching that. Things are good and really looking forward to the Freedom. Do I remember you won a cruise?

Yep sure did...thats the Mariner cruise i booked in May...got an owners suite this time pretty excited! Yep Disney takes a lot of planning....been there done that...LOL I miss chatting with you! Hope all is well with you and yours!

XO

Kim

It's no more expensive to book an RCI excursion on the ship as opposed to booking it in advance. They hold back a number of spots so that folks who don't book in advance also get to participate. If there is an excursion you see that is a "must do", then go ahead and book it. If you're undecided, just wait!

Hey Wog! Hey Kim! Boy its been forever since I've been on here...it said I hadn't logged on since september! Guess having a baby will do that to you. Wog, check your Dis Pm's! Congrats on that free cruise Kim! Boy, am I jealous there! I need a vacation! I'm busy planning one to St. Lucia (no cruise) for my parent's anniversary in November, and DCL Western in 08!!! Take care guys! I'll try to keep better in touch! And happy planning!

Sorry about the hijack too! Family, I agree w/above poster about how to book in advance online. Iif you are more of a "what do I feel like doing today" type of person, then I'd wait.

Hey Voss how are ya pal?! Congrats on the baby! I couldn't beleive I won that cruise...I never win anything! You could hear me scream all over the ship...LOL Remeber cherylhaha from the CC boards well she was with me and I told her if either of us win we would take the other...so yep she's going with me. I am happy to be sailing Mariner again...what a ship! Keep in touch...I miss talking to everyone. I am on a roll call that isn't really going...no chatting to speak of...a couple of people...and we are only 3 months and some days out...this is the first time I wasn't on a "chatty" roll call so I guess no M&M...too bad I enjoy meeting everybody. Well guess I better get back "on topic" LOL.

XO

Kim

Part of the fun with a cruise is looking at the options and planning what to do at each port.

Go to the "Ports of Call" section of CruiseCritic and look up each of your ports. Fellow CC'ers have great tips, suggestions, and reviews of things to do.

Generally you have four options:

1. Book in advance with the cruise line

2. Book on the ship with the cruise line

3. Book in advance with a private tour company

4. Get off the ship and book something on the dock

Like in Amazing Race, each option has it's own pros and cons (price, flexibliity, getting left on the dock, etc.). I personally book private tours in advance based on the advice found in the Ports of Call section or grab a taxi and go to a local beach. The ship's tours are too expensive and generally overcrowded.

Good luck with your choices.

Hey Voss how are ya pal?! Congrats on the baby! I couldn't beleive I won that cruise...I never win anything! You could hear me scream all over the ship...LOL Remeber cherylhaha from the CC boards well she was with me and I told her if either of us win we would take the other...so yep she's going with me. I am happy to be sailing Mariner again...what a ship! Keep in touch...I miss talking to everyone. I am on a roll call that isn't really going...no chatting to speak of...a couple of people...and we are only 3 months and some days out...this is the first time I wasn't on a "chatty" roll call so I guess no M&M...too bad I enjoy meeting everybody. Well guess I better get back "on topic" LOL.

XO

Kim

That is so great Kim. Congratulations. Give me a link and we will come over to your roll call.

Voss - nother country heard from, I will go check DIS and respond.;)

Archived