Hal Vs Princess For Mexican Riviera

63galaxie

Hi all.

We're considering a Mex. Riv. cruise in October 07. The two ships under consideration are the Oosterdam and the Golden Princess.

We've sailed on Princess once. It was okay. We didn't like the food, size of ship, or ambiance nearly as much as we did on the Century (Celebrity).

How does HAL/Oosterdam compare?

Our ages: 37, 50, 11, 10, 9, and 9.

We love: basketball, balconies, swimming, food (lol), great views, and nice decor.

Thanks for your input.

Karen in Kentucky

I think you will really enjoy the Oosterdam, first off I disagree with the 2nd poster. The Vista class especially the Oosterdam doing 7 day cruises draws a much younger crowd. I am guess the average age is mid to late 40's on any given week on the Oosterdam. I rmember being told the week of Thanks giving because of the amount of children on board made the average age early 40's.

Hi all.

We're considering a Mex. Riv. cruise in October 07. The two ships under consideration are the Oosterdam and the Golden Princess.

We've sailed on Princess once. It was okay. We didn't like the food, size of ship, or ambiance nearly as much as we did on the Century (Celebrity).

How does HAL/Oosterdam compare?

Our ages: 37, 50, 11, 10, 9, and 9.

We love: basketball, balconies, swimming, food (lol), great views, and nice decor.

Thanks for your input.

Karen in Kentucky

Karen, Oosterdam is a beautiful elegant ship graced with one of the best hotel managers afloat and a wonderful staff. She is a large ship, and carries more passengers than smaller HAL ships but felt spacious and had wonderful service. As for age, I would say on our October 7th cruise the average age was late 40's - early 50's. There werent allot of children aboard due to the time of year. However for those that were aboard, frineds of our stated that ClubHAL did a good job. The weather in Mexico that time of year was great. We had a wonderful aft VA stateroom that had a huge aft verandathat was about 9x14 with 2 chairs and a lounger. We would do that trip again without hesitation. In fact we're taking another trip on Oosterdam to Alaska on 9/1/07.

Archived