New to this board!

traveler1980

Hi Everyone!

I have made a few posts on other boards, but this is my first post here. We have just booked our Alaskan cruise on Holland for 7/7/07. I'm kinda questioning why no one else on this board seems to be on that ship, but every other date seems to have someone. Also, when looking at the Zuiderdam and the other dates available in July all of them have some level of booking already sold out, but not on 7/7, all levels are still available on 7/7. Is there something I should know?????

I also had a question about dining. Can someone give me a run down on how this works. When I booked everything said waitlisted, so we just chose one. We are flexible and not too particular, so that is fine, but how exactly does the dining work? This is our first cruise, so new to all of this. I thought you had options as to where you wanted to eat on the boat. Is this correct for breakfast/lunch/dinner? Also, when can I book reservations for the reservations only restaurant?

Okay, I think that is it for now. I've been reading a lot on the board and look forward to gaining much knowledge here.

Thank you!

Welcome traveler 1980.

I just checked and saw that all the Zuiderdam sailings in June and July have cabins available, which is not unusual given it 5-6 months in the future.

It's also not unusual for there to be no roll call for some sails as Cruise Critic represents only a fraction of people that actually sail. Maybe you should be the one to start it and you might find others, like yourself, waiting for someone else to do it. :)

To the best of my knowledge, at this time, the Zuiderdam is going to adhere to traditional seating. I think they will do their very best to give you the time you chose. Occasionally too many prefer one time over another and then, some are going to be disappointed. You seem to be boarding with the right attitude. I love the intinerary you are sailing and it's going to be some of the most gorgeous scenry on earth. I think you are going to have a great time.

Welcome traveler1980:)

I am not for certain but I do not think that the Zuiderdam will be doing the Dine As you Wish but things could always change. About Roll Calls I have had HAL cruises where absolutely no one has commented but me and I have had a few where there were at least 14 of us. I also have met people on board the ship that are just lurkers here. They are avid readers, know all of us by our handles but would never ever post. You might be surprised if you actually start the thread you may have some who do not post here but might on the Roll Call. For the most part HAL Roll Calls are not always that big, while they could be active but it may only be with 3 people.

and we have spent the last 25+ cruises on Celebrity. The Celebrity Boards, and Roll Calls are so very active ! :confused: Why not here ??

We aren't going until fall of 2008 so, we had no trouble getting our prefered seating and time and it was confirmed. We always book as early as possible, for cabin choices and dining times. :D

Sure hope some one else has booked and will start a roll call !

We would, but we are still torn, between HAL and Celebrity !

Archived